Kings and Priests Unto God and His Father

You read that title rightly.

In spite of all the false and satanic declarations to the contrary, even though some may lay claim to being higher authorities than that which is written in the Bible, we have the assurance of salvation through the finished and ONLY work of Christ on that cross:

Revelation 1:4-6
4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5 And from Jesus Christ, [who is] the faithful witness, [and] the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him [be] glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Nowhere did Jesus declare that the bread and the wine become changed into anything other than what they were before, and continue to be thereafter, but are symbolic in remembrance of what He accomplished for us.

Isn't it wonderful that, with our being kings and priests unto God, that any one of us in Christ can lead a communion that is done in remembrance of Him, and that any other religious exercise is meaningless dare it try to add to or take away from what Christ Himself instituted in the very word of God we call the Bible?

This was driven home to me as I talked with some acquaintances of mine the other day, and who berated me for daring to think myself qualified to hand out and pray over the remembrance of Christ through the bread and the wine. They are a mix of various religious backgrounds, the mention of, and existence, are of no real importance or consequence.

I love pointing to the word of God where we can all read for ourselves where we stand in relation to Christ since He is the One who has placed us here, and has imputed His righteousness upon us as His representatives on this earth rather than limited to some freakish, appointed class of people elevated to some imagined high place that is, as stated, of no real consequence nor importance.

I hope you all join with me in thanksgiving for the high place Christ has placed us all who are in Him.

MM

Revelation 5:8-10
8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four [and] twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

That pretty much tells us who the 24 elders are, who are in Heaven before the Lamb takes the scroll with the seven seals in His hands.

Again, believers are the kings and priests unto God. Isn't this fantastic?!? We are given that status NOT by some declaration of men who are seated in places of earthly powers they have collected to themselves through the various intrigues of political and religious wranglings. No, it is by the Blood of the Lamb that we ALL who are in Christ are elevated to the place of kings and priests unto God. No cult has the power to nullify what our Creator has given to us.

This has me worshipping the Lord with greater magnification of His wondrous provisions and love He has poured out upon us.

MM

Hebrews 7:26-28
26 For such an high priest became us, [who is] holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, [maketh] the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

See that? There are no man-made priests, or even priests under the Law of the Mosaic Law, who can today offer up anything for us and our sins given that Christ Jesus, who offered Himself ONCE for all of mankind, just ONCE, and no more, through which He has made us kings and priests, who serve Him daily who are totally consecrated to Him in heart.

Hebrews 9:11-15
11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption [for us].
13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions [that were] under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

See that? It is by His own Blood, not that of bulls and goats, but His personal Blood, offered ONLY ONCE, not daily!

Hebrews 24-28
24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, [which are] the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

That old priestly system of men and bloodlines is gone; destroyed by the Power of the Blood of Christ Jesus. Anything that says otherwise today is false and of the devil since it is an attempt to add to the word of God in contradiction and opposition to God Himself!

It is by the word of God that we know what is true and what is false!

MM

Last edited:
Isn't it wonderful that, with our being kings and priests unto God, that any one of us in Christ can lead a communion that is done in remembrance of Him, and that any other religious exercise is meaningless dare it try to add to or take away from what Christ Himself instituted in the very word of God we call the Bible? This was driven home to me as I talked with some acquaintances of mine the other day, and who berated me for daring to think myself qualified to hand out and pray over the remembrance of Christ through the bread and the wine. They are a mix of various religious backgrounds, the mention of, and existence, are of no real importance or consequence.
MM

Hello Musicmaster;

There's your problem. The mix of various religious acquaintances coming at you from all sides without an understanding of breaking bread through bread and wine. All of us who are followers of Christ are saints, kings and priests who can minister the communion, anoint oil, pray last rites to a dying person, baptize and lay hands during the prayer of acceptance on a person accepting Christ as Lord and Savior.

When our family of 13 gathered during Resurrection Sunday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, the Pandemic, nobody served in Church leadership (except Hazel) so when we did communion in our home I asked my nephew who was in youth group at the time to assist me with the elements.

I agree what you share in Revelation is for the believer of Christ's teaching and His Return, but also for the nominal believer so they are equipped to understand the role of saints, kings, priests and their zealous desire for holiness and emulation to God. The duties they minister while emphasizing the ultimate picture of what Jesus is saying to prepare us.

God bless you, MM.

Hello Musicmaster;

There's your problem. The mix of various religious acquaintances coming at you from all sides without an understanding of breaking bread through bread and wine. All of us who are followers of Christ are saints, kings and priests who can minister the communion, anoint oil, pray last rites to a dying person, baptize and lay hands during the prayer of acceptance on a person accepting Christ as Lord and Savior.

When our family of 13 gathered during Resurrection Sunday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, the Pandemic, nobody served in Church leadership (except Hazel) so when we did communion in our home I asked my nephew who was in youth group at the time to assist me with the elements.

I agree what you share in Revelation is for the believer of Christ's teaching and His Return, but also for the nominal believer so they are equipped to understand the role of saints, kings, priests and their zealous desire for holiness and emulation to God. The duties they minister while emphasizing the ultimate picture of what Jesus is saying to prepare us.

God bless you, MM.

Excellent thoughts, Bob. Equipping is the second step of the most important mission we have in Christ on this earth. Perhaps it's not strange that my encounters are with those of other religions who have beliefs that the Lord has enabled me to address since my studies of other religions has given me at least some insight into the teachings of various of them.

Two or three of those acquaintances tried to tell me that anything outside of their doctrinal mandates is meaningless and cursed. When I asked about the source for their doctrine, it wasn't the Bible, but something else, and is actually shocking! I found a quote online that, from my memory, exactly iterates what I heard from them:

"When the priest pronounces the tremendous words of consecration, he reaches up into the heavens, brings Christ down from His throne, and places Him upon our altar to be offered up again as the Victim for the sins of man. It is a power greater than that of monarchs and emperors: it is greater than that of saints and angels, greater than that of Seraphim and Cherubim. Indeed it is greater even than the power of the Virgin Mary. While the Blessed Virgin was the human agency by which Christ became incarnate a single time, the priest brings Christ down from heaven, and renders Him present on our altar as the eternal Victim for the sins of man—not once but a thousand times! The priest speaks and lo! Christ, the eternal and omnipotent God, bows His head in humble obedience to the priest’s command." (https://archive.org/)

Now, there may be some in here who believe this stuff, but my purpose is to observe the obvious contradiction to what is stated in the Bible that I quoted above from Hebrews 7 (and I accidentally left out the chapter in that referenced quote from verses 24 to 28). The glaring contradiction is astoundingly mind-boggling given that Hebrews and other verses throughout the Bible tells us that He was sacrificed only once, and here's this writing stating "again", and then pronounces that it is done "a thousand times." Contradiction is contradiction, and my acquaintances tried to side-step the obvious contradictions by claiming that I don't understand the definitions behind the key terms.

Needless to say, other cult followers use that same tactic to try and mask the obvious contradictions, just as I did when I was in a cult back in my younger years when I believed that Christ Jesus was a created being. I'm not saying others don't have a right to believe what they have chosen to believe. My main token in this discussion is to say that, when writings contradict one another on any point, then nobody can declare both to be right. One or both are in error. As kings and priests unto the Most High God, we are dutybound to sort through it all to shine a bright light upon the glaring contradictions so that then the cult member can look upon what they have been taught, study the foundations of integrity the Bible rests upon, and make a more informed choice among the differences through a discovery of what is more plausible. THAT is how the Lord brought me up out of that cult I was a part of in my 20's. Being young and dumb would never have served as an excuse before the Throne, therefore this is some serious stuff in all our lives. The Lord is going to hold each one of us accountable for what we chose to believe rather than to allow us to point at someone whom we had allowed to mislead us in this life.

So, if anything I shared here is similar to a system any others may be a part of, please keep in mind that I'm not sharing all this to start a debate over the merits of those other writings. I'm just sharing the foundational authority of scripture over any and all other writings that deviate away from the foundation of biblical integrity. I was once a part of something that taught we all can become gods over our own worlds. Wow. That brings back horrid memories that I ever allowed myself to fall into that pit of falsehoods...

Scripture has well established that no man has the power to pull the real Christ down from the real Heaven...not the One described within the Bible. Everyone has the right to believe in whatever christ they want. I'm not here to take that from anyone, but for my acquaintances to try and convince me that their christ is the same one portrayed in the scriptures, that is where I must point out the glaring differences, as one of His kings and priests, and observe that priests and shamans of other religions have not the power to make the Christ of the Bible the same one they believe in who is subject to any mortal man on this earth. That is a slap in the face. Christ Jesus of the Bible being Deity places Him beyond the whims and ceremonial etherealisms of religious vigor and man-made perceptions of man's power over Deity.

MM

"When the priest pronounces the tremendous words of consecration, he reaches up into the heavens, brings Christ down from His throne, and places Him upon our altar to be offered up again as the Victim for the sins of man. It is a power greater than that of monarchs and emperors: it is greater than that of saints and angels, greater than that of Seraphim and Cherubim. Indeed it is greater even than the power of the Virgin Mary. While the Blessed Virgin was the human agency by which Christ became incarnate a single time, the priest brings Christ down from heaven, and renders Him present on our altar as the eternal Victim for the sins of man—not once but a thousand times! The priest speaks and lo! Christ, the eternal and omnipotent God, bows His head in humble obedience to the priest’s command." (https://archive.org/)
MM

Hello MM:

To support your premise, this statement uses a lot of Christianese (theological terms) and two areas that is grossly misleading in a sinful way. This throws off the reader so we must cross reference Scripture revealing the True Word:

Romans 6:10, 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all time; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. - NASB

You wrote: The glaring contradiction is astoundingly mind-boggling given that Hebrews and other verses throughout the Bible tells us that He was sacrificed only once,

Matthew 24:36-37, 36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. 37 As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man. - RSV

You wrote: Scripture has well established that no man has the power to pull the real Christ down from the real Heaven

MM, it is true that everyone has the right to believe in whatever Christ they want. I say to that, beware. They better be right because at judgment day there can be no surprises who the True Christ is. Therefore, in this lifetime, we all must continue to stick to studying the Bible, allowing God to speak and reveal His Truth to us.

God bless you, MM, and thank you for sharing.

Hello MM:

To support your premise, this statement uses a lot of Christianese (theological terms) and two areas that is grossly misleading in a sinful way. This throws off the reader so we must cross reference Scripture revealing the True Word:

Romans 6:10, 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all time; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. - NASB

You wrote: The glaring contradiction is astoundingly mind-boggling given that Hebrews and other verses throughout the Bible tells us that He was sacrificed only once,

Matthew 24:36-37, 36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. 37 As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man. - RSV

You wrote: Scripture has well established that no man has the power to pull the real Christ down from the real Heaven

Very true, Bob. Good stuff.

MM, it is true that everyone has the right to believe in whatever Christ they want. I say to that, beware. They better be right because at judgment day there can be no surprises who the True Christ is. Therefore, In this lifetime, we all must continue to stick to studying the Bible, allowing God to speak and reveal His Truth to us.

God bless you, MM, and thank you for sharing.

Thanks, Bob, for the heads-up. Where it's true that I stated that everyone has the "right" to believe in whatever christ they so choose, what I should have said is that they have the freedom to believe in whatever christ they so choose from among so many. It is was not my intent for my use of the word "right" to imply that there is no consequence in believing in any of the false christs that the many religions of the world have created for themselves.

Thanks for pointing out the need for clarification.

MM

By our having been made kings and priests unto God and His Father, we are:

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

There are some religions out there that teach that one is saved through the Law, or through the New Law, and yet the Lord Most High says otherwise, as can be seen above. Mere religion with man-made teachings says:

"If any one saith, that without the prevenient inspiration of the Holy Ghost, and without his help, man can believe, hope, love, or be penitent as he ought, so as that the grace of Justification may be bestowed upon him; let him be accursed."

He has made us kings and priests because we responded willingly to His promises:

Mark 8:34 And when he had called the people [unto him] with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

See that? It is not by ceremony, or compulsion from Holy Spirit, or works of any Law or sacramental mumbo jumbo, but rather what a man or a woman does freely and of their own free will without the trappings of religion and its demands.

1 Timothy 2:1-7
1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and [for] all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, I speak the truth in Christ, [and] lie not, a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

So, the Lord WILLS that ALL men be saved, and that is only through the ONE MEDIATOR, who is Christ Jesus. Our being kings and priests unto God doesn't make us mediators between God and others, for there is only ONE who stands in that place, not cults and their leadership. Though they vomit their meaningless cursings upon those who believe the word of God, they are not to be feared, for the Lord is our God, and who alone possesses the Power over life, death and Truth.

What a wonderful Lord we serve!

MM

Back