Kirk Cameron's Unstoppable

Status
Not open for further replies.
See we cant insult anyone...but conservative and traditional Protestants...and this is called "tolerance" lol :eek:

See we cant insult anyone...but conservative and traditional Protestants...and this is called "tolerance" lol :eek:
Tolerance works both ways. If you don't want to be labelled a kook, don't insult Catholics by telling them they aren't Christians. The Bananaman Ray Comfort has done this. It really isn't a difficult concept at all. :LOL:

Tolerance works both ways. If you don't want to be labelled a kook, don't insult Catholics by telling them they aren't Christians. The Bananaman Ray Comfort has done this. It really isn't a difficult concept at all.
Ok..lets see it work both ways? You and others cry "tolerance".. "tolerance"..we must have tolerance! So you guys should be the ones that are showing others what that looks like.....:)

Ok..lets see it work both ways? You and others cry "tolerance".. "tolerance"..we must have tolerance! So you guys should be the ones that are showing others what that looks like.....:)
Is it wrong to tell people not to hate? :rolleyes:
Gee, I learned that one in kindergarten. :)
Tolerance! What a terrible thing!:ROFLMAO:

Sure, as long a she's not hurting others. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to do that.

One thing for sure! and thats either way...

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Rm 12:2[/QUOTE]

Oh so we have "tolerance" as long as the person or group does not have a history of "hurting" others? Well I dont think that there will be much "tolerance" under that standard...do you?
Do you not think it's possible to be a Christian without hurting, oppressing, judging, annoying people? Why is this something desirable to you?

Oh so we have "tolerance" as long as the person or group does not have a history of "hurting" others? Well I dont think that there will be much "tolerance" under that standard...do you?

In Germany they have banned pretty much all references to Nazism. What is called "militant democracy". I think it is a perfectly valid approach, considering how many neo-nazis are in Germany and how destructive fascism was.

It can be a slippery slope, but I wouldn't mind barring the Westburo Baptists from preaching their false Gospels, and some other pseudo-Christian groups who distort the faith.

It can be a slippery slope, but I wouldn't mind barring the Westburo Baptists from preaching their false Gospels, and some other pseudo-Christian groups who distort the faith.
I don't think Kirk Cameron is AS destructive to the Christian faith as someone like the Westboro Baptists, but his actions I'm sure have turned far more people away from Christianity than attracted them. Same for Ray Comfort, who thinks nothing of slurring entire groups of Christians depending on their denomination. They are laughingstocks, worldwide.

I don't think Kirk Cameron is AS destructive to the Christian faith as someone like the Westboro Baptists, but his actions I'm sure have turned far more people away from Christianity than attracted them. Same for Ray Comfort, who thinks nothing of slurring entire groups of Christians depending on their denomination. They are laughingstocks, worldwide.

True. Tolerance doesn't preclude us from respectfully pointing out errors in someone's doctrine.

I haven't heard Kirk say too many things that would turn people away from Christianity, but I'm sure others get the crazy vibe as well. I don't really listen to the man and I don't want to. I find it best to stay away from Christian celebrities if I can. They're all pretty crazy.

As for tolerance, I think it's worth correcting our brothers in Christ if they are actively hurting others. It would be immoral not to.

In Germany they have banned pretty much all references to Nazism. What is called "militant democracy". I think it is a perfectly valid approach, considering how many neo-nazis are in Germany and how destructive fascism was.

Well you do understand that under this standard all most every group has harmed others...and none would qualify for tolerance. As far as trying to restrict the speech of others, this is a slippery slope at best...and is contrary to the ideals that we uphold here in America. The Nazis have been proven to be killers...I don't think a charge like that can be made against WBC even as vile as they are...they have free-speech.

I haven't heard Kirk say too many things that would turn people away from Christianity, but I'm sure others get the crazy vibe as well. I don't really listen to the man and I don't want to. I find it best to stay away from Christian celebrities if I can. They're all pretty crazy.

As for tolerance, I think it's worth correcting our brothers in Christ if they are actively hurting others. It would be immoral not to.
Well are you aware that almost every major denomination has brought some harm to others, in one way or another? I disagree with all evil and would judge the evil in myself first, but many can be very selective about things? We all can look past the errors in our own groups and those who agree with us, while trying to condemn and find fault in others. This idea of tolerance, seems to be promoted by those who have little tolerance for those who hold the views of folks like Kirk.

One word:
Crocoduck.
I just can't bring myself to look that up. I'd rather stay ignorant to it, I think.
Well are you aware that almost every major denomination has brought some harm to others, in one way or another? I disagree with all evil and would judge the evil in myself first, but many can be very selective about things? We all can look past the errors in our own groups and those who agree with us, while trying to condemn and find fault in others. This idea of tolerance, seems to be promoted by those who have little tolerance for those who hold the views of folks like Kirk.

I didn't say anything about denominations.

Like I said, I stay away from famous Christians. It's bad mojo. All of it. I was just making a general statement.

Possibly the most unforgivable thing about Kirk Cameron's take on Christianity is how he misrepresents it and its members. He leads people to believe that all the born agains are the only true Christians. He's recklessly irresponsible in how he portrays evolution (which is to say, he clearly has no understanding of it whatsoever, hence the "crockduck" thing, which made him notorious in Christian circles, much to the chagrin of Christians who actually know what they're talking about) - he goes on the offensive way too often, smearing those who disagree with him rather than presenting Christianity as an up and positive thing. He's anti-gay, anti-Catholic, and anti-science. He's a disgrace.

Possibly the most unforgivable thing about Kirk Cameron's take on Christianity is how he misrepresents it and its members. He leads people to believe that all the born agains are the only true Christians. He's recklessly irresponsible in how he portrays evolution (which is to say, he clearly has no understanding of it whatsoever, hence the "crockduck" thing, which made him notorious in Christian circles, much to the chagrin of Christians who actually know what they're talking about) - he goes on the offensive way too often, smearing those who disagree with him rather than presenting Christianity as an up and positive thing. He's anti-gay, anti-Catholic, and anti-science. He's a disgrace.

What's wrong with being anti-gay? I'm just curious. We shouldn't support gay, love them yes, but support them no. I like science, when it's not trying to disprove God's existence.
I don't know about Catholic's beliefs much, I have to study it.

Since he has a different belief than you, shouldn't you just "agree to disagree" with him instead of calling him a disgrace? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back