Knitting

Knitting

I just learned how to knit a few weeks ago, and I already am almost done my first scarf!! Does anyone else know how to knit? I know its kind of weird that I'm 20 and I'm knitting, but its sooo relaxing!! Just wondering if anyone else shares this interest! And if not, its such a great hobby if anyone wants to learn I can tell you what books or magazines you should buy and the basic tools to begin!!

It's not weird at all!
When I was 24 and my best friend was 18 we crocheted together all the time!
Knitting is very hard!
Good for you!!!

You'll have to show us what you've made! :)

i actually just sat down and taught myself the basics of crocheting from instructions on the internet!!! i like it so far, but i can only make a chain! haha

I just learned how to knit a few weeks ago, and I already am almost done my first scarf!! Does anyone else know how to knit? I know its kind of weird that I'm 20 and I'm knitting, but its sooo relaxing!! Just wondering if anyone else shares this interest! And if not, its such a great hobby if anyone wants to learn I can tell you what books or magazines you should buy and the basic tools to begin!!

Very nice, sister! For some time I also learned how to knit and crochet and I really liked it, but now I don't have time for it at all, for pity.

Ummm...I'm kinda ashamed to admit this...but yeah, I do.

I'm a guy.

Mom made me learn back when I was 12 or so, because we were having a memorial for her mom (gramma). At a Native memorial, we have a giveaway. We try to give something to everybody to remember the person who's gone.

I knitted some traditional yarn belts, and that's the same time Mom taught me how to beadwork, too.

Funny, knitting is just like sleeping. I come out of it feeling refreshed and energized.

:eek:

Okay, okay...

...someone told me that when a guy knits, it's not called knitting...it's called YARNWORKING.

:p

Makes me feel better now.:eek:

Hi, i'm almost 29 and have been knitting since i was a very young girl. I have knitted clothes as well as toys. My latest was a firefighter. It is VERY relaxing, and therupeutic ans you have something to show at the end which makes you feel good.

Back