know how God feels

smellycat

Account Closed
know how God feels

when he says im sorry i ever made humans.if i had made humans i think i would have wiped them out thousands of years ago.

your posts are rather cryptic :confused:

but technically...God does not "feel", He is completely unchanging and as such not subject to human emotions at all.

This was before God destroyed all of mankind except for Noah and family.
He was sorry because all people were so sinful.

Ah yes...I should have guessed the reference. However it should be noted that the statement was anthropomorphic in nature...communicated as such for our benefit to demonstrate that humanities actions had been detrimental to itself...and not intended to imply literal emotions or a change of heart on God's part.

Of course I suspect I am preaching to the choir ;-)

when he says im sorry i ever made humans.if i had made humans i think i would have wiped them out thousands of years ago.

I am thankful you are not God! lol ;)

We can be thankful though, that God has a plan and nothing can thwart that ultimate plan, He will return when he sees fit, and will allow more sinful humans to be born and come into the world until that part of His plan is complete..... but that He allows Satan and his demons to continue to exist when He could wipe them out instantly, and that He allows sinful human beings to come into the world, knowing fully ahead of time every sin they will commit, is an amazing thing to contemplate....

but.... at the same time..... this knowledge should comfort us knowing that God is fully in control of everything, even in the allowing of the sins of a fallen human race to continue.... as they are part or a means towards the accomplishment of that end, so both the good and evil serve His ultimate goal and plan.... the evil every bit as much as the good that He, His angels and people do...... so, amazingly enough, God uses sin (the crucifixion of His Son for instance) to accomplish His greater goals (the salvation of His Bride), yet He Himself is sinless......

(Romans 11:33-36) O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and the knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past tracing out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counselor? or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and unto him, are all things. To him be the glory for ever. Amen."

blessings,
Ken

Sin isn't just our outward actions though.
We sin when we do not serve the Lord, when we don't thank him, pray, praise him, spread His Gospel, etc....

Back