Knowing God's Will

Hello brothers and sisters. I'd like to know how I can know God's will for my life.
I got saved when I was younger, but I fell away. Now I'm serious about getting back on track. I really LOVE Jesus and want to live for Him. I just don't know His will for me.

I'd love to hear from you guys.
Love and blessings to all. Thanks. :)

You can divide God's will into two areas: His general will for all believers, and His specific will for each individual. I assume you want to know His specific will for you. I think the most important step you can take for knowing His specific will for you is to act in accordance with His general will for all believers, as revealed in the Bible. If you do, He will reveal His specific will to you. If you don't, why should He get more specific?

A related point is to be willing to do whatever He tells you to do before you know what it is. It's no good wanting to know God's will just so you can decide if you want to obey or not. God doesn't honor that.

Viggo Olsen has a very good outline on how to find God's will in an appendix to his book Daktar: Diplomat In Bangladesh. He also wrote a book called Finding God's Will which I haven't read, but is probably an expanded version of what's in the Daktar appendix. Both books are out of print, but are available for good prices through Amazon.com.

Also, years ago I taught a discipleship class at my church, one topic of which was how to find God's will. The notes are available at http://home.dtjsoft.com/discipleship-finding-gods-will/. I think you'll find them helpful as well.

Hello brothers and sisters. I'd like to know how I can know God's will for my life.
I got saved when I was younger, but I fell away. Now I'm serious about getting back on track. I really LOVE Jesus and want to live for Him. I just don't know His will for me.

Just the willingness to do the will of God. Be sold out.

Lol. That would be great. I'm definitely willing.

Mat 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

If God ask you to move, you move, if he ask you to empty your account and sale all you have, you do. That insures you that you will know right doctrine.

Study to show yourself approved unto God................ 2 Tim 2:15

So then you study, and by faith in the word, you have no concern about being in the will of God.

Mat 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

If God ask you to move, you move, if he ask you to empty your account and sale all you have, you do. That insures you that you will know right doctrine.

Study to show yourself approved unto God................ 2 Tim 2:15

So then you study, and by faith in the word, you have no concern about being in the will of God.

You're on point tonight.

It's really simple:

2 Cor 5:17-21

So, basically I show that I'm willing and pray and read my bible. But what about if I'm suppose to be.... let's say a pastor...I just ask and He'll reveal it right?

So, basically I show that I'm willing and pray and read my bible. But what about if I'm suppose to be.... let's say a pastor...I just ask and He'll reveal it right?

Jesus said faithful in a little, more shall be given. Being faithful with another mans things.

Your calling just might be at McDonalds for a few years, steady and faithful. One of the Largest churches in Chicago, the guy was a CEO for IBM, and was making he big bucks. He served God, tithed faithfully and was faithful in the company. The Lord told him to sell everything and go Pastor in Chicago.

He showed up and some Pastor he met allowed him to start with part of his church.

We walk the path of the Just, and so most the time these main big callings are known much later. No need for God to mention to us if we can't be faithful in little things.

My Pastor was preaching at Rehema and Helped Brother Hagin out. Someone gave prophecy over him that he would be a Pastor. 20 years later He was traveling and still helping Brother Hagin. It was about 8 years ago the Lord told him to move to Branson MO and start a church with a pop of only 10,000, mostly Baptist.

Just be faithful where you at, study the Word to show yourself approved unto God. (2 Tim 2:15) and all is good. Just do what your heart says do. If you don't pray in tongues, I would strongly suggest go after and seek that.

1) I would totally agree with Michael here on the subject of praying in tongues. The Holy Spirit knows the will of God the Father and according to Romans 8:26/27 - He prays through us according to the will of God.

26In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;27and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

2) Develop and strengthen your relationship with the Father and remember when making a decision with anything seek his will in all that you do and he will show you which path to take.

Proverbs 3:5/6 - "Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."

God Bless you - your on the right path here!! :)

Do you have some thoughts about what you would like to do? I mean the Lord has a way of kinda working His Will into our will in a way...if you know what I mean?

Being saved just over a year I'm starting to find out piece by piece what God is wanting me to do. After I relinquished my position as the pilot in my own life and gave it to God, I've just been making the best of every situation he is putting me in. I'm slowly starting to figure out what spiritual gifts are not for me...well...at this time anyway ;). Keep praying, keep your relationship with Him strong and continue to grow in your faith; you will then start to realize what He has planned for you. Stay blessed sister!

Back