Knowing God's Will

Hello brothers and sisters. I'd like to know how I can know God's will for my life.
I got saved when I was younger, but I fell away. Now I'm serious about getting back on track. I really LOVE Jesus and want to live for Him. I just don't know His will for me.

I'd love to hear from you guys.
Love and blessings to all. Thanks. :)
"
Hello brothers and sisters. I'd like to know how I can know God's will for my life.
I got saved when I was younger, but I fell away. Now I'm serious about getting back on track. I really LOVE Jesus and want to live for Him. I just don't know His will for me.

I beseech you therefore ,brethren ,by the mercies of God that you present your bodies a living sacrifice ,holy and acceptable to God (which is) your reasonable service .
and be not conformed to this world :but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,that ye may PROVE what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God"
Romans 12:1-2

The foundation to knowing the will of God is to present your body.............. to be sanctified unto God in mind body and spirit .
Which is nothing special but only our REASONABLE service . Given and in the light of what GOD has already done in our lives .
THEN it is the decisions of faith that follow .
The first and foundation for all that follows is to get baptised if you have not already.
Refusing in faith to conform to this world and being willing to allow God to transform your life by your submission to His word and bringing every thought into subjection to Christ .
and by so doing will prove and know what is that good and acceptable will of God .

There are then as it were the standing orders of God as applies to every soldier in the army .
and as we get proficient in them we get direct orders to do and to say in particular situations .
Then we get promoted in some way as we have been proved and tried . Not always to public ministry but always to a more effective worker in the kingdom .
in Christ
gerald

I have a "novel" idea! How about just ask the Lord what he wants you to do!

Every one wants to have a "spectacular" ministry, but it is not up to us what we are do. If you want to know what you should be doing right now then just do what Jesus Christ said was the "work" of God. Just believing the Word of God, and if you do that every thing else will fall into place.

Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Last edited:

Simple. To love is to obey. To obey is to love. Read the Gospels. Learn of Jesus. Read The Acts Of The Apostles and see what the Christian church is all about. Pray to Jesus for him to help you find the truth. He will send saints your way to preach to you the full gospel of salvation. Repentance is the first step. Baptism by full immersion and confessing your faith is the next step of obedience. Seek to receive the Holy Spirit with the Bible evidence of speaking (praying) in tongues as in Acts and the epistles. Then you have Jesus and the Father as well residing within you and your walk in the Lord can commence. It's all about submission and holy living. Being a new creation in Christ Jesus. The old person is buried in the waters of baptism. You are to be a saint and represent the gospel and Christ in you.
Then begins a life of praying in the Spirit, and experiencing miracles, healings and many other blessings.

God's will is His Word. Study His Word and you will know His will for you and how to walk in it. His Word is His Will written for you and in so walking in His Word you will manifest His will in your life.

I know it been awhile since this thread was started, but i just found it and thought i would add my two cents. As we fully seek first God's kingdom, and His righteousness or ways of doing and being right(mt 6:33) amp. And commit all of our plans unto Him (pr 16:3) amp....He will cause your thoughts and plans to line up with His will, and your plans will be established and succeed.

So like another one said, and others i'm sure. Just ask the Lord what He wants and He will answer that prayer!

Many blessings and peace be unto you!

Many years ago I was thinking of joining a local Church, I went to a "new members" information meeting. They wanted to know what the Lord had called you to do. They passed out a form, and on this form there were somewhere around 10 questions. Each question asked where you thought your calling was, and on a scale of 1 to 10 you would mark a number representing how strong you thought that calling was. When we were all done we added up all the numbers, and marked it at the bottom of the page. Then we were told to subtract a certain number, and then divide that number with a fixed number. When done you would match that resulting number to a legend on the bottom of the page, and that would tell you what God had called you to do! I laughed the whole time I was doing this thinking to myself, "I wonder if they ever thought of just asking God what he wanted you to do"
When I was done, my number told me kinda sorta close to what I already knew the will of God was for me!!!
I just could not believe that this Church had simply made finding the will of God down to a mathematical formula! :)

Gods Will for man Is His Written Word or another words doing what His word says or living as His word says.
Now then above this God has a Plan for each and every human being. It is up to us to find out what His plan is for our lives and seek Him and allow Him to prepare us.

To many believers feel it is one in the same but it cant be for His word is His will for all man kind. God does not have the same plan for every single person but His will is the same for every one of us.
God Bless
Jim

Back