Knowing Your Purpose

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
Women With Purpose

Christian Women's Devotion on Knowing Your Purpose

We read here how we all were, "...foreordained (chosen and appointed beforehand) in accordance with His purpose, who works out everything in agreement with the counsel and design of His [own] will." (V: 11)

God had planned and designed our lives before we were even born. He has given us a purpose, plan and destiny to fulfil. He has picked us out and made us His own. He has set us apart to carry out His will. We are women with purpose. Have you found what God's purpose is for you? Do you believe He has an awesome plan for your life? Jeremiah 29: 11 says, "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome."
God has a wonderful plan for our lives to bring about good. We need to realize that plan. If you don't yet know what God has for you to do - ask Him to reveal it to you. Ask Him for a 'vision' for your life. He will make known His will and His purpose for your life (V: 9). For each one of us is unique and has a unique plan that only we can fulfil. And we are well able to do it. God will equip us to carry it out as Hebrews 13: 21 says, "Strengthen (complete, perfect) and make you what you ought to be and equip you with everything good that you may carry out His will; [while He Himself] works in you and accomplishes that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ (the Messiah); to whom be the glory forever and ever (to the ages of the ages). Amen (so be it)."
Don't be afraid to rise up in what God has laid upon your heart to do. You will not regret it. It will give new meaning and purpose for your life.

© By M.S.Lowndes

For those whom He foreknew [of whom He was aware and loved beforehand]. He also destined from the beginning [foreordaining them] to be moulded into the image of His son [and share inwardly His likeness], that He might become the firstborn among many brethren. And those whom He thus foreordained, He also called; and those whom He called, He also justified (acquitted, made righteous, putting them into right standing with Himself). And those whom He justified, He also glorified [raising them to a heavenly dignity and condition or state of being]. - Romans 8:29-30 (AMP).

What you've purposed in my heart,
Lord, give me strength to do
That I may carry out your work
Bringing glory unto you.

© By M.S.Lowndes

One thought to add/share to the reader .... Never be disappointed if God only shows you one step of the path or puzzle of your life at a time. He desires for us to walk and live by faith, so He only shows us one piece at a time. That way we can include Him to be apart of every step and He can guide us in the right ways.

If He were to show us the whole puzzle.. we wouldn't need faith to walk side by side with Him through the entire unfolding of the picture our lives will make.

Blessings to you all!

He desires for us to walk and live by faith, so He only shows us one piece at a time. That way we can include Him to be apart of every step and He can guide us in the right ways.
Exactly and unfortunately that is been made a stumbling block by our enemy unto far to many believers.
It cripples their Faith and gets them out on their own out side of God's plan and will.

MTF syndrome. .......has ruined many a believer.

Moving To Fast.....I knew you would ask....

Something that is very sad but happens more and more with believers.

They never get around to finding their purpose. They try this and that and think if it worked then it was of God and if it did not then it was not. Nothing could be further from the truth.

God has a unique plan for all of us and scripture even tells us.....

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Scripture also says we were created for such a time as this. That means even in this evil hour of time - we have a purpose to fulfill and we were created to do so.

Blessings

Back