Korah and Congregation

Korah and Congregation

Numbers 16:26) And he spake unto the congregation, saying, Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of their's, lest ye be consumed in all their sins.

How important is it that we depart from sin, to get rid of it, lest it consume us? For the sin of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, many were lead astray. Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, for their sin were consumed by the earth. Anyone who did not depart from their tents was consumed along with them as well as their possessions. Fleeing from sin is a key thing. What benefit does living in sin have? “How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! They are utterly consumed with terror”. “Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end”. But how often do people misunderstand! When we are called to holiness we can no longer stay in the bondage of sin, else what would we be freed from? “the truth shall make you free”. People making their own liberty err from the faith. Thinking they can live outside of the biblical principle, horribly deceived, vulnerable, and naked because what will cover their shame while they live in this world where idolism runs ramped, immorality is high, and confusion is common? Blindness is a terrible thing to have, especial when is spiritual.

People, like adolescences, apart from God’s word don’t know right from wrong, but are in fact carnal. “Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be”, when someone tries to obey God in their own way they will fail. Apart from scriptural obedience, there is no other way! To be knowledgeable on God’s word is key in this sinfully manifested world to live a life pleasing to Him. People cannot keep what they don’t know, nor what they don’t spend time in. This is why so many people lie still stuck in their own wickedness; because they neglect God’s word or devalue its meaning and strictness of expectation we are suppose to live in. How can one not heed the cutting words “Man shall not live on bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” This is a literal; either a person lives by the word of God or will be judged by it later at Great white throne judgment day.

Yes, some have taken freewill to mean 'free to do our own will'

"Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith." Galatians 3:24

"For the gospel has for this purpose been preached even to those who are dead, that though they are judged in the flesh as men, they may live in the spirit according to the will of God." I Peter 4:6

Romans 3

21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. 26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
27 Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith. 28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30 since God is one—who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith. 31 Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law.

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also. In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."

Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, "Lord, what then has happened that You are going to disclose Yourself to us and not to the world?"

Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me. These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. " John 14:15-27

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me." John 15:4

Godly fruit is brought forth by the Spirit of God working in and through you. Submitting our hearts to Him and following His lead will always manifest in death to self. The rest is religious flesh. Let us be lead, empowered by and used to our God's glory.

Yes, some have taken freewill to mean 'free to do our own will'

It is free to do your will, if that's what you wish! Sorry to disappoint, but God did not create robots but rather man and women who can think for themselves and choose a path! Jesus' sovereignty is not a dictatorship but rather just rule fueled by love! It is your choice, whatever that may be, but you have to be prepared to live with the consequences of your choice. I don't understand why Christians who have chosen to receive Christ as their Lord and Savior and became saved by God's grace, mercy and sacrifice alone, without any works of their flesh, lest anyone should boast now believe that somehow their works are what's going to keep them saved. Sin will always be part of our sinful nature, however as we draw ever closer to Jesus, the flesh will ever continue to diminish. Like Boanerges said, the only way to have and display Godly fruit is to continually be changed by God. Every day we live, every minute, every second we make choices! And we are free to make the ones we WANT to make!

Laura:)

We are not free [from accountability] to not serve God.

For it is written, "AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD."So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God. Rom. 14:11

"What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!
Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness? But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness." Romans 6:15-18

for he who has died is freed from sin. Rom. 6:7

Colossians 3:24-25

Acts 13:48

II Timothy 1:9

Ephesians 1:4-5

II Thessalonians 2:11-13

Jude 4

"I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths." II Timothy 4:1-5

"If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:19-(28)

Joshua 24:14-28
I Samuel 12:20-22

We are not free [from accountability] to not serve God.

Respectfully Least that's exactly what I said! "It is your choice, whatever that may be, but you have to be prepared to live with the consequences of your choice." This is a quote from my previous post. We have the choice to do or not do God's will but we also have to accept the consequences of our choice! Jesus NEVER imposed Himself on anyone nor did He chase people. And in the garden God told Adam and Eve what they could and could not do but they had the choice of obeying or not. They didn't obey and the consequences were severe. All the scriptures you posted say the same thing: This is what you SHOULD do! It is still up to us to do it! It is still our free choice.

Laura:)

Back