Ladies of the Bible

Hmm.. I think you have jumped to a conclusion about SP....

There may be up to four meaning from a single verse as derived from teh four voices of God as prophet, priest, judge and king.

You'll have to see it worked out since it does not conflict with the rules.

(i've PM'ed you on it) Another favorite lady of the bible .. Miriam one of the three leaders of the Israelites in the wilderness alongside Aaron and Moses considered to be on the same level as them . awesome . reminds me almost of another numbers related topic that i won't bring up here ;) just because i love this thread . it has been very encouraging . keep posting cool stuff on ladies in the bible . pleese pleese with cherries on top . and i'll be quiet now :)

Not sure about that . i've applied according to this . and there are rules . i just don't bother writing them down . it's a more organic model more complex than what you're presenting . (PM me about this)

I think once you see it, you will find that you instinctively apply many of the rules. This is one of the reasons I am pleased to share it with you. If what we are doing is the same thing but since we have come at from different directions, we have slightly different perspectives then what you think is esoteric is really a teachable skill.

I am interested to see if we can pull them together.

The ladies... Eve was 'seduced' but God gave her Cain.
Ruth laid at the feet .. but bears the child of promise in the image of Christ
Rahab is a prostitute ... but bears the child of promise in the image of Christ
Tamar plays the prostitute but is declared more righteous than Judah
Sarai and Sarah
Hagar/ Sarah - wives of the promise (Word)
Rachel / Leah - wives of the work (Work)
Isareal / church -wives of Christ (Life)
woman of Timanth / Delilah
Bathsheba as the prostitute, then she bears Solomon as the virgin
Vashti did "perversely with all the men" / Ester

The prototype of the humbled being exalted is Christ who emptied himself to be found in the form of man, bore our sins, then was exalted on high.

We being made like him are humbled by conviction of sin, and exalted as our sin is cast away. We are not redeemed prostitutes. We are virgin brides as our sin is a far as the east is from the west. THe first and second son as well as the first and second bride or the prostitute bride all share the same facet of the first being last and the last being first.

DEBORAH - Judges 4:4-5. Deborah was a Judge for both civil and criminal cases. The children of Israel came to her for judgment. She was the chief ruler of Israel for 40 years, giving orders to the Generals and all the army. She did the work of an evangelist, prophetess, Judge, and a preacher. God gave her authority over the mighty (Judges 5:13).

MIRIAM - Exodus 15:20; Numbers 12:1; Micah 6:4. She was a Prophetess and a Song Leader in Israel.

HULDAH - 2 Kings 22:14. Five men went to Sister Huldah and communed with her. She spoke to a congregation of men concerning the book of the Law. A female preached to a man's congregation, and her message was taken to the nation and produced a revival.

MAHER-SHALAL-HASH-BAZ'S MOTHER - Isaiah 8:3. She was a prophetess.

Anna - Luke 2:36-38. She must have prophesied in church, because she did not depart from the temple.

Phillip had 4 daughters who prophesied. Acts 21:9.

Priscilla assisted Paul in his revival meeting and even taught Apollos in the way of the Lord more perfectly.

Phebe - Romans 16:1-2. Paul commended Phebe to the Church at Rome and requested that they assist her in her business. She was one of Paul's assistants in the work of the Lord and delivered the Book of Romans to the people from the hand of Paul.

Back