Land of milk and honey

Is the land where you live flowing with milk and honey? Is it blessed, or is it cursed?

What do you look for in a land? Are you happy where you are right now? Or does it need some work?

What kind of soil is under your feet, is it alive or dead, clay, silt or loam, or barren desert? Or is it rock? What grows there? Where does your water come from?

When God told Moses to take off his sandals cos he was standing on holy ground, why did He say this? Is Holy ground the kind you walk round on barefoot? Do you feel a connection with the land?

Lets discuss our relationship with the land God has given us to live on. So many people have fought over land and died for it that it must be something fundamental in US. After all people dont fight over the oceans or the stars in the sky. Maybe its because God made us from the dust of the earth?

The interesting thing is God told the Israelites their land would be of milk and honey.
He didnt say milk and meat (topic of another thread) but milk and HONEY. Where do we get honey from, bees, and how do bees get their honey? From flowers! So any land that has lots of flowers is good. :)

Well yesterday it rained and hailed and the children were playing outside and some forgot and went on the biketrail which was wet and the clay stuck to their shoes, then they went in the classrooms including the library and now theres clay all over the carpets!!! Aiya.

I have yet to find a solution other than to remind every child to check their shoes before coming inside or wear slippers indoors as I do. Unforutnetely my library doesnt have a mudroom or lobby just a doormat but Im thinking of getting another one that works and sucks all the soil off their feet before they come in.

Or we could have footspas.

The carpet cleaners came so everythings all nice and clean now.

Regarding honey, some of the classes had some bees and were collecting honey from them.
And we do get free milk from Fonterra.

Some cannot tolerate dairy, but there's other milks you can drink, like almond milk, or coconut milk or soy milk.

However, be warned that a lot of almond milk is mostly sugar and water. I am not convinced that almond milk is a good alternative if its mostly sugar.

If you live in a drier country, you can have goats milk or camels milk.

The bee situation is very important for pollination of our crops esp fruit trees and veges. If people grew more flowers, we would have more food for the bees. But some farming practices are so damaging that they remove any food source that the bees could have, as well as using pesticides which harm bees.

Is the land where you live flowing with milk and honey? Is it blessed, or is it cursed?

What do you look for in a land? Are you happy where you are right now? Or does it need some work?
I think it depends on the people. I would say i am living in a land with milk and honey but it is in short supply and the old people of the land persist every day and try to get in.

Back