Last Adam Second Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reference to Jesus Christ as the Last Adam can only be referring to Him as the Last Representative of the human race. There will never be another. Just as Adam represets the human race and his actions are attributed to that race making all guilty of sin, (Rom.5:12) so Christ represents a new race, that of the redeemed, and His actions are attributed to His race making them righteous. (Rom.5:19)

I might have worded that slightly different, but close enough to say I agree

The reference to Christ as the 2nd Man is not as clear. .... Quantrill

:rolleyes:

Is there a reason you can't believe a writer might actually word a sentence for clarity?

I did answer this.

As for your other comment, I did not address it here as it has been addressed in another thread.

You argue like an atheist. That iks not to say you are an atheist, only that you argue like one which is very unproductive.

I guess you have trouble with atheists then.

I saw no answer.

Quantrill

I might have worded that slightly different, but close enough to say I agree

:rolleyes:

Is there a reason you can't believe a writer might actually word a sentence for clarity?

No, I believe the writer here in 1Cor. does word for clarity. Which is why I ask how can Christ be the 2nd man.
The writer is clear that He is the 2nd man, as opposed to the first man Adam.

Quantrill

a whole people were called adam,male and female.
the image of God is open to your interpretation.spirit -flesh,or male and female.the interpretations could get fruity.i stick to a easy aproach,God made the universe,christ told us to be good girls and boys,and ask for Gods Good spirit.ie protect us.

a whole people were called adam,male and female.
the image of God is open to your interpretation.spirit -flesh,or male and female.the interpretations could get fruity.i stick to a easy aproach,God made the universe,christ told us to be good girls and boys,and ask for Gods Good spirit.ie protect us.

Keep your own advice for yourself and others. Make it easy on yourself.

Quantrill

A quick answer to the question of how Christ is the 2nd man, when He wasn't the 2nd man in the natural order, is that God only counts the redeemed. He only counts those who are alive unto Him. And all of the redeemed can only be counted in Christ and from Christ. Christ cannot be the first Man of a new race. He must be the 2nd Man of a fallen race in order to be able to redeem that race.

So Christ is the Last Adam, the last representative of Adams race. He is the 2nd Man of that race, in that only the redeemed are counted. And God counts all the redeemed in Christ. Or as 1Cor. 15:22 says, " For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." Because all are redeemed in Christ, then the count of the redeemed begins with Christ, as the 2nd Man. In other words, because He is called the 2nd, then there will be a third and fourth, etc. etc. you, me, etc. etc.

So, all of Adams race is completly identified as dead and gone in him. So much so that Christ is called the 2nd Man. Christ is another and last Adam in that there will be no more. He is the 2nd Man in that there will be more to follow.

Other things come into play which I am trying to understand, such as Eve the mother of all living and the Seed promises. But this is my rough explanation.

Quantrill

A quick answer to the question of how Christ is the 2nd man, when He wasn't the 2nd man in the natural order, is that God only counts the redeemed. He only counts those who are alive unto Him. And all of the redeemed can only be counted in Christ and from Christ. Christ cannot be the first Man of a new race. He must be the 2nd Man of a fallen race in order to be able to redeem that race.

So Christ is the Last Adam, the last representative of Adams race. He is the 2nd Man of that race, in that only the redeemed are counted. And God counts all the redeemed in Christ. Or as 1Cor. 15:22 says, " For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." Because all are redeemed in Christ, then the count of the redeemed begins with Christ, as the 2nd Man. In other words, because He is called the 2nd, then there will be a third and fourth, etc. etc. you, me, etc. etc.

So, all of Adams race is completly identified as dead and gone in him. So much so that Christ is called the 2nd Man. Christ is another and last Adam in that there will be no more. He is the 2nd Man in that there will be more to follow.

Other things come into play which I am trying to understand, such as Eve the mother of all living and the Seed promises. But this is my rough explanation.

Quantrill

One little problem....Scriptures call Jesus the "First-born"

Scriptures also call the saved "new creations in Christ Jesus"

.....or is that two?

the general idea is you can interpret scripture anyway you want.
doesn,t mean its truth,just your version of the truth,like john ,paul,mark etc etc.
some say the bible is inspired by the holy spirit,but the question which may be relevent is which person had the holy spirit.?
we ask for the holy spirit.but i wouldn,t write a bible and call it from God.

the general idea is you can interpret scripture anyway you want.
doesn,t mean its truth,just your version of the truth,like john ,paul,mark etc etc.
some say the bible is inspired by the holy spirit,but the question which may be relevent is which person had the holy spirit.?
we ask for the holy spirit.but i wouldn,t write a bible and call it from God.

Believe whatever you like.

Quantrill

Explain your problem?

Quantrill

:confused: I just did! But I was referring to the problem with your theory!

You said, "Christ cannot be the first Man of a new race. "

....Scriptures call Jesus the "First-born".....Scriptures also call the saved "new creations in Christ Jesus"

Ginger

....Scriptures call Jesus the "First-born".....Scriptures also call the saved "new creations in Christ Jesus"

Ginger

Jesus Christ is the 'First Born' of many brethren. Being 'first born' speaks to His being risen from the dead, not being made the second Man. Christ the Second Man speaks to His being made of a woman.

Jesus is the Last Adam, Second Man, and First born. The redeemed in relation to being of the Last Adam are numerically counted from the Second Man. In relation to being born-again, we are counted from the First Born.

Quantrill

you keep swapping names ,jesus then christ as into numeroology.
are you saying the massiah has a split personality,and each name for the massiah have other meanings.?
how many massiahs are there.?millions?are you saying if you went through the massiahs body you become another massiah.?
when we know this cannot be the case.
or any evil spirit could claim to be a devine.
plus it sort of makes a mockery of the death of jesus.

you keep swapping names ,jesus then christ as into numeroology.
are you saying the massiah has a split personality,and each name for the massiah have other meanings.?
how many massiahs are there.?millions?are you saying if you went through the massiahs body you become another massiah.?
when we know this cannot be the case.
or any evil spirit could claim to be a devine.
plus it sort of makes a mockery of the death of jesus.

Im not swapping anything. These are Scriputural designations.

No need to worry over them. I realize you like it simple. So, best for you to keep it that way.

Quantrill

Being 'first born' speaks to His being risen from the dead, not being made the second Man.

You seem to be trying to correct a claim I did not make.

Christ the Second Man speaks to His being made of a woman.

No, "Christ" is his title, identifying who he is.

Matthew 16:
13 When Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" 14 They replied, "Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." 15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" 16 Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

You seem to be trying to correct a claim I did not make.

No, "Christ" is his title, identifying who he is.

Matthew 16:
13 When Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" 14 They replied, "Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." 15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" 16 Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

I answered your question. Reread your post #33 and mine, 34.

Quantrill

I didn't ask you a question. "....is that one or two?" is reference to my saying there is one little problem with your theory, and the n making two comments. In-other-words, I may have stated two problems instead of one.

Then you asked "Explain your problem?"

I responded that I alread did:

Ginger

etc., etc., etc.,...

I didn't ask you a question. "....is that one or two?" is reference to my saying there is one little problem with your theory, and the n making two comments. In-other-words, I may have stated two problems instead of one.

Then you asked "Explain your problem?"

I responded that I alread did:

etc., etc., etc.,...

Then, you have your explanation.

Quantrill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back