Last Verses In Ecclesiastes - Will We Be Judged For Confessed Sin?

In Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 it says

The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil.

My question is what about confessed sin? Will it be judged also? Ecclesiastes mentions hidden sins. But if we were judged for every sin that's ever been confessed, where would we be? I thought being hidden in Christ he remembers confessed sin no more - as far as the east is from the west. So will they be brought up again on Judgment Day?

Christ did not pay for our sin do that we could pay for it again. Were can't hide anything from God, but he can deal with it himself. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

In Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 it says

The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil.

My question is what about confessed sin? Will it be judged also? Ecclesiastes mentions hidden sins. But if we were judged for every sin that's ever been confessed, where would we be? I thought being hidden in Christ he remembers confessed sin no more - as far as the east is from the west. So will they be brought up again on Judgment Day?

Banjo........Life is totally profitless without being connected to God. Profit exists only for those who know God and fear Him and keep His commandments. That is the conclusion of the Preacher.

Fear of God is that reverential awe that emerges when we with our lack of holiness are met with the righteous demands of God's holiness. Its total effect is to produce in us an unquestioning obedience to all of God's revealed will.

To answer your other question about judgment......YES. That is the Judgment Seat of Christ and it is for believers only. It is the righteous judgment of God. It is the time when the reality of all men's service to Christ will be seen and "awards" will be given to those who have been faithful. If a mans work does not endure the flame and is consumed, then he will suffer a loss but he himself will be saved. (1 Corth. 3:13-15)

God already knows all your sins - confession is for the confessor. To admit your sin is to help you get back on the right track. If your sin has hurt another soul, you should make amends.

Back