Leaning on the World

Do Not Go Down to Egypt
Isa 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:
Isa 30:2 That walk to go down into Egypt, and have not asked at my mouth; to strengthen themselves in the strength of Pharaoh, and to trust in the shadow of Egypt!
Isa 30:3 Therefore shall the strength of Pharaoh be your shame, and the trust in the shadow of Egypt your confusion.
Isa 30:4 For his princes were at Zoan, and his ambassadors came to Hanes.
Isa 30:5 They were all ashamed of a people that could not profit them, nor be an help nor profit, but a shame, and also a reproach.

The children of Judah were at a crossroads. Sennacharib and his armies were bearing down on them and taken all their major fortified outposts with Judah being the only major exceptions. What will they do?
Choosing to send ambassadors to the two chiefest cities in Egypt (Egypt- literal translation oppressor) they did the following:
They sent their ambassadors to :
Zoan- the place of departure. This is the place that Israel saw the judgements of God fall on Israel and was the "place of departure for the great Exodus of Israel. This is the place God moved from heaven itself with signs and wonders to deliver them from.
Hanes- banishment or departure from Grace... Judah chose to depart the grace and mercy of God to lean on a world that had never benefits.
They tried hard to make a deal with the world's own system to get deliverance from a powerful enemy. The result was loss and woe- fear ruled their hearts :

Isa 31:1 Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!

All that trouble and yet the God who sees all, knows all, and makes plans to save His children was only a prayer away.
I wonder how many times we as believers depart from grace and run to the world for help without first consulting Him who works all for our good? He will wait until you have exhausted your strength and call on His Name- then and then only will you see the deliverance you are seeking so desperately everywhere else.

Isa 30:18 And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.
Isa 30:19 For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.
Isa 30:20 And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers:
Isa 30:21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

I call this one of the "selah" or pause and reflect moments in scripture. I believe I will do that right now.
Many blessings and much Love in Jesus Name
Your brother Larry.

Do Not Go Down to Egypt
Isa 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:
Isa 30:2 That walk to go down into Egypt, and have not asked at my mouth; to strengthen themselves in the strength of Pharaoh, and to trust in the shadow of Egypt!
Isa 30:3 Therefore shall the strength of Pharaoh be your shame, and the trust in the shadow of Egypt your confusion.
Isa 30:4 For his princes were at Zoan, and his ambassadors came to Hanes.
Isa 30:5 They were all ashamed of a people that could not profit them, nor be an help nor profit, but a shame, and also a reproach.

The children of Judah were at a crossroads. Sennacharib and his armies were bearing down on them and taken all their major fortified outposts with Judah being the only major exceptions. What will they do?
Choosing to send ambassadors to the two chiefest cities in Egypt (Egypt- literal translation oppressor) they did the following:
They sent their ambassadors to :
Zoan- the place of departure. This is the place that Israel saw the judgements of God fall on Israel and was the "place of departure for the great Exodus of Israel. This is the place God moved from heaven itself with signs and wonders to deliver them from.
Hanes- banishment or departure from Grace... Judah chose to depart the grace and mercy of God to lean on a world that had never benefits.
They tried hard to make a deal with the world's own system to get deliverance from a powerful enemy. The result was loss and woe- fear ruled their hearts :

Isa 31:1 Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!

All that trouble and yet the God who sees all, knows all, and makes plans to save His children was only a prayer away.
I wonder how many times we as believers depart from grace and run to the world for help without first consulting Him who works all for our good? He will wait until you have exhausted your strength and call on His Name- then and then only will you see the deliverance you are seeking so desperately everywhere else.

Isa 30:18 And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.
Isa 30:19 For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.
Isa 30:20 And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers:
Isa 30:21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

I call this one of the "selah" or pause and reflect moments in scripture. I believe I will do that right now.
Many blessings and much Love in Jesus Name
Your brother Larry.

Brother Larry, I agree I would like to share part of a scripture that sums it up.
Isaiah 44-6.Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel and his redeemer theLord Of Hosts I am the First and the
Last and besides there is no God. Not Budda or Scientology or the rest of them are fakes and phonies

Brother Larry, I agree I would like to share part of a scripture that sums it up.
Isaiah 44-6.Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel and his redeemer theLord Of Hosts I am the First and the
Last and besides there is no God. Not Budda or Scientology or the rest of them are fakes and phonies
Indeed my friend!

Back