Learning From Our Heart And Mouth

What do you see from these three scriptures? Is there something we have been missing in our ability to learn from our own mouths and heart. Are we bringing forth treasure from within us to this forum? have you noticed anyone bringing forth evil treasure?

Pro 16:1 The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the LORD.

Pro 16:23 The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips.

Mat 12:35 The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil.

Can you see anywhere this proverb could be used to understand what was going on between Moses and the Lord?

Pro 16:1 The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the LORD.

Exo 32:9 And the LORD said to Moses, "I have seen this people, and behold, it is a stiff-necked people.
Exo 32:10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may burn hot against them and I may consume them, in order that I may make a great nation of you."
Exo 32:11 But Moses implored the LORD his God and said, "O LORD, why does your wrath burn hot against your people, whom you have brought out of the land of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand?
Exo 32:12 Why should the Egyptians say, 'With evil intent did he bring them out, to kill them in the mountains and to consume them from the face of the earth'? Turn from your burning anger and relent from this disaster against your people.
Exo 32:13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, your servants, to whom you swore by your own self, and said to them, 'I will multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have promised I will give to your offspring, and they shall inherit it forever.'"
Exo 32:14 And the LORD relented from the disaster that he had spoken of bringing on his people.

Can you see anywhere this proverb could be used to understand what was going on between Moses and the Lord?

The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the LORD.

And the LORD said to Moses, "I have seen this people, and behold, it is a stiff-necked people.
Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may burn hot against them and I may consume them, in order that I may make a great nation of you."
But Moses implored the LORD his God and said, "O LORD, why does your wrath burn hot against your people, whom you have brought out of the land of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand?
Why should the Egyptians say, 'With evil intent did he bring them out, to kill them in the mountains and to consume them from the face of the earth'? Turn from your burning anger and relent from this disaster against your people.
Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, your servants, to whom you swore by your own self, and said to them, 'I will multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have promised I will give to your offspring, and they shall inherit it forever.'"
And the LORD relented from the disaster that he had spoken of bringing on his people.

Every person who God has under his employment he anoints with his Spirit, so they can perform what the Lord has called to them to do. Moses was anointed in his calling and he was used by God to intercede on behave of his chosen people. The Lord has more control over what happens then we know. But he still does not force men to act in a way that would be beneficial himself. When things get bad the Lord has his intercessor to intercede on behalf of his own.

Justice is turned back, and righteousness stands far away; for truth has stumbled in the public squares, and uprightness cannot enter.
Truth is lacking, and he who departs from evil makes himself a prey. The LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no justice.
He saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no one to intercede; then his own arm brought him salvation, and his righteousness upheld him.

The Lord must have a man on earth to stand in the gap on the behalf of others, so that he can work or show mercy. The problem is the man of God does not know how to intercede or pray for others with out the help of the Holy Spirit. He can plan his ways all he wants, but it is the answer of his tongue that is from the Lord, and even then he rarely knows that.

Rom 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
Rom 8:27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God.

If we really understood that we are the mouthpiece of God how that would put a guard on our mouths, and not speak some things. It would also change our understanding of scriptures, and give us a behind the scenes look at why certain are happening.

1Pe 4:11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Moses interceding for God,s people was simply speaking words what God wanted to hear given him by the Spirit of God.

We have this today as a fulfilled prophecy concerning the Church.

Isa 59:20 "And a Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who turn from transgression," declares the LORD.
Isa 59:21 "And as for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit that is upon you, and my words that I have put in your mouth, shall not depart out of your mouth, or out of the mouth of your offspring, or out of the mouth of your children's offspring," says the LORD, "from this time forth and forevermore."

The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips.

We are not smart people, in fact we must become a fool so we can become wise. Yet the one who knows all things dwells within us. We have the mind of Christ, but this mind is not in our head, but our hearts, and we have to "let this mind be in us".
If this is true, and it is, then we can learn something about our Lord God, and His Word by believing his Word that tells us that our heart can teach us, and he does this through our own mouth. I tell as many as will recieve it, "listen to what God is teaching, and telling you through your own mouth".
Sometimes at work the Lords speaks to me through my mouth as I am speaking. At times a fellow worker will come around the corner asking me who I am talking to since they see no one else but me in the vicinity. I tell I am not talking to anyone, someone is talking to me! Their eyes get real big and they take off rather quickly. A lot of the things I know about the Lord has come by this method. It is not weird, it is normal for any Spirit filled believer. Many times when I am on this forum, I might read a post, and Lord tells me, "write" I think to myself, "write what?" I don't know what to say!! To be obedient I just start typing and the message comes to me. It is kinda like speaking in tongues, you have no idea what to say, it just comes as you open your mouth. Some might think this is "automatic writing" It is not!!! Jesus only spoke what he heard His Father say, and it was His Father in him that was doing the works!!
One of the Holy Spirit's job is to bring to our remembrance every thing Jesus has spoken to us. This is the "rest" Jesus spoke about. It is Christ in us who does the works, not us. When we speak it should only be the Words of God, and not ourselves. The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips.

Many years ago the Lord appeared in a vision and told me to teach His Word. I said I can't do that, and wont! After noticing I was not making any headway in getting him to change his mind, I thought to myself, I will try, and trick the Lord so I could get him to change his mind. I said, "OK, I will do it under one condition, You have to teach me yourself personally, because I am not going to go down to the nearest Christian book store, and buy a bunch of teaching books, and then go out and teach that!" The Lord agreed, and I was not a happy camper! I was hoping I was asking too much and he would just say to me forget, and give it to someone else.
Years later the Lord said to me, "do you remember back when you tried to trick me into changing my mind?" I said "I did not know you knew that and said yes I remember" Then the Lord said to me, " You did not trick me, I tricked you. Everything you said to me was exactly what I wanted to hear from you!" Then the Lord showed me this scripture.....

Pro 16:1 The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the LORD. :)

Back