leaving your father and mother

to the marriage of the lamb.you then become children.follow our Lord to the marriage.

The moment a person comes to Christ by faith, they became his BRIDE. And when we are water baptised, that's a public declaration of our marriage to Christ.

Then we clothe ourselves with the free garment of Jesus' righteousness and Salvation, Isa 61:10, and then we will be able to enter the wedding banquet.

Yet sadly, most people will be refused entry, because they didn't accept Jesus' free robe, and instead wore their own robes that they tried cleaning through their own efforts/deeds/works.

Yet sadly, most people will be refused entry, because they didn't accept Jesus' free robe, and instead wore their own robes that they tried cleaning through their own efforts/deeds/works
G'day there Tony, After guest preaching on Baptism in a Baptist Church one time,(the real meaning....I live dangerously), an elderly lady did in fact declare to me that she was good enough to go to heaven, and I was never going to get her to be baptised...............sad!

Not tooo sure I can agree with you on the last point.
Are you saying that the majority of professing Christians are not going to pass muster?
Are you saying that the majority of mankind will not pass muster?

Blessings,
calvin

G'day there Tony, After guest preaching on Baptism in a Baptist Church one time,(the real meaning....I live dangerously), an elderly lady did in fact declare to me that she was good enough to go to heaven, and I was never going to get her to be baptised...............sad!

Not tooo sure I can agree with you on the last point.
Are you saying that the majority of professing Christians are not going to pass muster?
Are you saying that the majority of mankind will not pass muster?

Blessings,
calvin

Narrow is the gate, and few find it.

Most of humanity have either:

1. Rejected Jesus and they hated the love of the truth and wont be saved, read 2 Thess 2:10.

2. Are in Babylon, which is a reference to those in legalism, trying to seek salvation by being good and through works and human effort. Paul said this about those:

"You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?" - Galatians 3:1-3

Many will be shocked that they were lost and will even try to debate with Jesus, but saying Lord Lord is not enough, a person must do Gods will and that is to completely trust in Jesus with humility to save us.

So this dangerous and false gospel that still exists today is salvation by faith PLUS works. Unfortunately, this means then in reality that many Christians have 2 Saviours... Part Jesus, and part themselves!

Any message about faith in Jesus’ death and life of righteousness for salvation, that adds human efforts into the equation, according to Paul “is really no gospel at all” Gal 1:7.

3. The coming wedding banquet, many christians will try to enter, but refused entry, cause they were not wearing Jesus' free robe of righteousness.

we can only be saved by Christ,and he tells us what we must do.lots don,t want to repent,but how could he trust you if your not true.the gospel is simple .

Thanks for your reply Tony................as simple 'former' or 'later' would have cleared things up nicely for me though.
Rev 7:9
Heb 12:1
So,.... a new question............Which gospel will bear the most fruit? The gospel of Jesus as the Christ of God, or the false gospel of satan?
blessings,
calvin

Thanks for your reply Tony................as simple 'former' or 'later' would have cleared things up nicely for me though.
Rev 7:9
Heb 12:1
So,.... a new question............Which gospel will bear the most fruit? The gospel of Jesus as the Christ of God, or the false gospel of satan?
blessings,
calvin

calvin, I am sorry, I do not completely understand your question, so can I please ask you to elaborate and clarify for me what you mean exactly?

There's some things I am confused about in your question which I need you to help me understand.

1. What do you mean when you say "which gospel will bear the most fruit"? You mean the fruit in Gal 5:22-23 which is LOVE? If that's what you mean, then the answer is God's gospel bears LOVE, satan's false gospel bears lies and deceit and legalism and hatred for Jesus and has no foundational love whatsoever, but only has one intent and motive, to mislead people and away from Jesus.

2. What is this gospel of satan that you refer to?

G'day Tony, well I knew what I meant................forgot that others might not....lol.
There is an old joke about two boys who took a bag of apples from a local orchid one dark night. They were sharing out the apples in a nearby cemetary when a drunken passerby overheard them talking...."one for you, one for me...one for you...." The passerby took fright for he thought it was God and the devil sharing out souls. Boy did I dig that one up from the distant past!
Well Tony, What I was/am asking was what your thoughts /understanding might be regarding the comparitive ratio of the number of souls who will enjoy/be blessed with the presence of the Lord throughout eternity compared with the number of souls who will not.(regardless of eternal hell fire versus the 'DEL' button or other.)

On the one hand we have Jesus' words/warnings/teachings regarding the narrow and wide gates as you mentioned; on the other hand we have the intimation of vast numbers as per Hebrews 12, and also Rev 7:9 and others that speak of large numbers of saints, yet Revelatrion only mentions the rejects in passing. In Rev ch7 the 144000 probably denotes perfection of numbers, but not only of National Jews, in other words, the number of saved persons is to be fully in accord with the will and purpose of the Lord.

So out of the total number of mankind from Adan to ??, will there be the majority who will be blessed with eternal life with Christ, or will a majority not be with the Lord for eternity?

blessings,
calvin

G'day Tony, well I knew what I meant................forgot that others might not....lol.
There is an old joke about two boys who took a bag of apples from a local orchid one dark night. They were sharing out the apples in a nearby cemetary when a drunken passerby overheard them talking...."one for you, one for me...one for you...." The passerby took fright for he thought it was God and the devil sharing out souls. Boy did I dig that one up from the distant past!
Well Tony, What I was/am asking was what your thoughts /understanding might be regarding the comparitive ratio of the number of souls who will enjoy/be blessed with the presence of the Lord throughout eternity compared with the number of souls who will not.(regardless of eternal hell fire versus the 'DEL' button or other.)

On the one hand we have Jesus' words/warnings/teachings regarding the narrow and wide gates as you mentioned; on the other hand we have the intimation of vast numbers as per Hebrews 12, and also Rev 7:9 and others that speak of large numbers of saints, yet Revelatrion only mentions the rejects in passing. In Rev ch7 the 144000 probably denotes perfection of numbers, but not only of National Jews, in other words, the number of saved persons is to be fully in accord with the will and purpose of the Lord.

So out of the total number of mankind from Adan to ??, will there be the majority who will be blessed with eternal life with Christ, or will a majority not be with the Lord for eternity?

blessings,
calvin

hehe good one with the apples :)

I think the answer is found in Matthew 7:14-15

Matthew 7:13-14

The Narrow and Wide Gates

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

So the story should change to say, "two men stole a large truck filled with apples from a local orchid one dark night. They were sharing out the apples in a nearby cemetery when a drunken passerby overheard them talking...."one for you, hundred me...one for you....hundred for me".

Thanks Tony, I think this is going off topic so I am abandoning this thread.
I have opened another thread that I hope will allow more and fruitful dialogue,
Blessings,
calvin

Back