Led Astray

I fear I may have led others astray from the faith by posting visions online that came from mental illness before I realized that it was mental illness. Most of the hallucinations that I thought were visions matched with Scripture, but that makes me a false prophet that may have led sheep astray after already being Christian. The Bible says it's better to drown at the bottom of a lake than to cause somebody to sin, Luke 17:2. I feel I should punish myself in some way for it, but I don't know what I should do.

The good thing is we serve a merciful God full of Grace & Truth;God left this note for you:

...God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them... And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God....Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
I am the way, the truth and the life.
Love
Jesus the Christ-Son of the Living God

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.But God commandeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
With Love,
Paul-Apostle to the Gentiles

I fear I may have led others astray from the faith by posting visions online that came from mental illness before I realized that it was mental illness. Most of the hallucinations that I thought were visions matched with Scripture, but that makes me a false prophet that may have led sheep astray after already being Christian. The Bible says it's better to drown at the bottom of a lake than to cause somebody to sin, Luke 17:2. I feel I should punish myself in some way for it, but I don't know what I should do.

Punishing yourself won't undo any damage you may have done, and it won't achieve the righteousness of God in your life. You have offered your apologies in an attempt to set matters straight, and you have repented - that's about all you can do right now. Trust God to take care of any people who may have been misled. Here's what you should do: pray for those who may have been misled, and pray that God would keep you in His truth and in a sound mind. If punishment will somehow set things right, leave that to God to decide what will best meet the need, don't get ahead of Him and punish yourself. Give your guilt and concerns to Him, and receive His grace.

Do not beat yourself up Sara. We all have at one time or another experienced what you are describing.

Confess, repent and move on in your life. God will honor your sincere efforts!!

Sara, in addition to what has already been said, I am of the understanding that:
The Human brain is an organ just as is the Cardiac muscle (Heart), or the Lungs, Kidneys etc When things go wrong with any organ of the human body unscheduled things happen. So you are no more (guilty) than if you had a heart attach or Pneumonia and so on. If you have published 'errata and notes' concerning the effects your infirmity had on the things you said, that is the end of the matter.
As for being a false prophet or a false teacher, that is a matter of premeditated naughtiness, not a matter of being unwell for a time.
You have no doubt asked the Lord to forgive you.......now you need to forgive yourself too and move on.

Admitting you were wrong is the right thing to do. Apologise for your errors, you should seek our your previous posts in whatever forums, and simply add a comment aplogising saying you were wrong and that you are sorry etc. God will forgive oyu if you humble yourself in the right way.

Admitting you were wrong elevates you above people who have given many messages and prophecies in Gods name which have failed. Do we see them grovelling and begging forgivness? NO. So sara, do not tear yourself up or worry over this, you are on the right path looking to put the wrongs right and acknowledging this.

Sara, in addition to what has already been said, I am of the understanding that:
The Human brain is an organ just as is the Cardiac muscle (Heart), or the Lungs, Kidneys etc When things go wrong with any organ of the human body unscheduled things happen. So you are no more (guilty) than if you had a heart attach or Pneumonia and so on. If you have published 'errata and notes' concerning the effects your infirmity had on the things you said, that is the end of the matter.
As for being a false prophet or a false teacher, that is a matter of premeditated naughtiness, not a matter of being unwell for a time.
You have no doubt asked the Lord to forgive you.......now you need to forgive yourself too and move on.

Yea......what calvin said!

I got banned from one of the sites and my post was deleted (Thank God). The other ones I just can't remember.

Banned sound rather harsh. Ohh Well.....
Jesus is Lord and we can trust Him to over rule any residual stuff, or use it to teach/help someone. ie don't despair of it since you have tried your best to make amends

Thanks everyone for the support and being so understanding. I was hearing voices, but I'm definitely a false prophet and I wasn't sent.

Back