Lesson's We Must Learn

Gen 3:4 The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die!
Gen 3:5 "For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
Gen 3:6 When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.
Gen 3:7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings.
Gen 3:8 They heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.

Let me start with a truth that some, in the past, have just zoomed past. It is my position, and a good deal of other teachers, preachers and missionaries that Adam chose Eve over God in text. As nearly as I can make it, pride jumps up an snares other men, just I am prone to do myself. But here I go with a Bill Taylor rendition of what you have just read, quoted, from the NASB.

First, we are not tainted by Eve's sin, God did not give her the command, He gave it to Adam and Adam was responsible for the actions of Eve, whether we like it or not. Now, knowing that God has established principals through out the scriptures, this is one worthy of every man's consideration and after this comes the really hard stuff. I've heard it taught that it appears, from the structure of the text, that God must have walked in the cool of the evening with Adam and because God gave His Son to die on the cross for the enabling of fellowship with Him, by us, this makes sense to me. I see that God has desired our fellowship and affection from before creation.

So, we have Adam, naked and alone with the, I'm certain, beautiful nude woman God had made from his own rib. Satan has been cast out of Heaven and He's lost, certain of his, boys to eternal damnation and is no longer the second in command in the Heavenly Host and he ain't happy. (Excuse my Texan but he ain't.) Eve, like most folks wants to move up to the next level and just like many a good woman, exerts a little pressure, hoping he'll move.

The situation is that Eve has eaten from the tree because she and Adam, after doing so will be like God, knowing good from evil. Adam stood right there and did not move to stop her, any man can relate to that, and then he recounts the command, just the way God said it. Eve had not rolled over dead so what had God meant? He thinks to himself (remember this is Bill's rendering) I'm going to loose that fine looking Babe! Adam chose to go with Eve, where ever that might be, instead of trusting God to make things right again. He chose what God had created over God!

There are any number of good lessons to learn here but I'll hold it back here. But we must learn to trust God. God has never done anything evil and God has always been trustworthy. If we cannot rely on God, is there anybody, anywhere that we can rely on? God has never let anyone down except they turn away from His love and care.

Another lesson here is on setting priorities. Adam had been in the Garden with Eve for an unknown number of years but they were created to never die and we learn from scripture that Adam lived for over nine hundred years. With this knowledge in hand I feel that it is not unreasonable to figure that Adam and Eve had given life to many children while they lived in the Garden for two to six hundred years. Being created perfect they would not have aged and their hormones would never have faltered, they could have and likely did produce hundreds of male and female children, who likewise were perfect and produced in like manor. And then Eve sinned and Adam followed her into it. His priorities were set all wrong and we must learn not to follow the leader.

One more good lesson here is to pay attention and to relate exactly what we are told by God. Did Adam twist the command just a little? We are the direct descendants of that union and I suggest a small test that you, likely, have seen in grade school. Line up thirty or so people and whisper a secret in the first one's ears. Now they whisper that same secret into the next person's ear and so on to the end of the line. Each of these people have done their best to recount exactly what they were told but when the last person tells you what the secret you gave to them is... it will in, usually, no manor resemble what you began with.

Add, I don't know, ten years time, between the telling from God to the telling of Eve and it's really tough to say how accurate it was. So it is that we must learn to rely on the written Word of God and not what I and not on what any person has to relate for what God said.

There is more but God bless and good conversation on this one.

Another lesson here is on setting priorities. Adam had been in the Garden with Eve for an unknown number of years but they were created to never die and we learn from scripture that Adam lived for over nine hundred years.
Is there a reliable passage in the bible that teaches this. I don't know.

Bill, think of this. If Adam and Eve had offspring before they sinned then there would have been a race of humans who did not inherit the sinful nature of man. We would see a separate race of humans, far superior to us in that they would not carry the death sentence of sin. Would God have died on a cross for us sinners if there was a race of sinless people? I dont know but it would definitely have been in the scriptures if such children existed.

I believe that Adam and Eve sinned very shortly after they were created hence the reason their children were born outside of Eden. God gave them a command to multiply. If they had abstained then they would be disobedient towards God. Therefore I believe they sinned before they even tried to multiply.

Just my thoughts on the topic.

The never die part i mean
Nope! That is one reason I said this is Bill Taylor stuff. I have drawn my conclusions from what I have come to know of God's nature and the way He does things. My conclusion on them not being created comes from the fact that God is eternal and that we, being created in His image, are eternal spirits. Add to this that death entered into the earth, only, after Adam sinned and that nothing God does is less than perfect and you have the basis of my conclusion for them eing created with the ability to live forever as humans.

Oh, I forget... stinkin' MS! God told him that if they ate of the tree, they would die. That one scripture seems to bear out my toughts. Thanks for the Berian attitude.

Bill, think of this. If Adam and Eve had offspring before they sinned then there would have been a race of humans who did not inherit the sinful nature of man. We would see a separate race of humans, far superior to us in that they would not carry the death sentence of sin. Would God have died on a cross for us sinners if there was a race of sinless people? I dont know but it would definitely have been in the scriptures if such children existed.

I believe that Adam and Eve sinned very shortly after they were created hence the reason their children were born outside of Eden. God gave them a command to multiply. If they had abstained then they would be disobedient towards God. Therefore I believe they sinned before they even tried to multiply.

Good morning Kevin, I'm up early today. Your scenario is just as valid as mine! My problem with your thoughts of the super race are this; God, the Father is responsible for everything that Jesus, the Son, created and for everything that has occurred in that creation. He is our example and there lies the principal I use for the basis of mine thoughts on the matter. When I was married to my son's mother (before my salvation) and she divorced me, my son was dragged into the divorce also. He was born pre-divorce but that did not, in his case alone, keep him from being placede into special education because of his depression and lack of attention span. My wife's and my sin dragged him down also.

Still, you could be right, we'll know when we get home, won't we.

I agree.

Good morning Kevin, I'm up early today. Your scenario is just as valid as mine! My problem with your thoughts of the super race are this; God, the Father is responsible for everything that Jesus, the Son, created and for everything that has occurred in that creation. He is our example and there lies the principal I use for the basis of mine thoughts on the matter. When I was married to my son's mother (before my salvation) and she divorced me, my son was dragged into the divorce also. He was born pre-divorce but that did not, in his case alone, keep him from being placede into special education because of his depression and lack of attention span. My wife's and my sin dragged him down also.

Still, you could be right, we'll know when we get home, won't we.

Good morning to you too, it is late afternoon here.

Yup when we get home, if I ever get over the awe of being in God's presence, I will ask Adam (probably have to wait in the que :D).

Is there a reliable passage in the bible that teaches this. I don't know.

Couple of things.......

1). All Scripture is "reliable".

2 Tim. 3:15.........
"ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness".

2). Genesis 2:17.........
"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and eveil, thou shalt not eat of it for in the day that thou eatest therof, THOU SHALT SURELY DIE".

Genesis 3:19...............
" In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

One of my Accountability partners has spoken with me by email on the matter of Adam's children and after reconsideration, I agree that it seems that all of Adam´s children were born after the fall and dismissal from the Garden.

One of my Accountability partners has spoken with me by email on the matter of Adam's children and after reconsideration, I agree that it seems that all of Adam´s children were born after the fall and dismissal from the Garden.

Makes me love you even more Bill!

Makes me love you even more Bill!
Thanks Major but if I ever reach the point Iǘe been falsely accused of recently and I am not allowing myself to be held accountable by folks like yourself and all the men around the world that keep me in tow, I'll have lost myself. And if I can come back and admit an error, Iḿ no good fro or to anyone.
God bless you and your, sir.

Thanks Major but if I ever reach the point Iǘe been falsely accused of recently and I am not allowing myself to be held accountable by folks like yourself and all the men around the world that keep me in tow, I'll have lost myself. And if I can come back and admit an error, Iḿ no good fro or to anyone.
God bless you and your, sir.

Bill........Except for the grace of God, there go we all.

Back