Let our actions speak!

Let our actions speak!

Psalm 9:17) The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.

How often do we tend to forget as a nation and as a society that when we don’t listen to God and heed his word and his warnings, that we do it to our own hurt. How can a nation prosper, let alone a person without God, (Psalm 9:17) “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” (Psalm 18:15) Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.” Does anyone think they can escape the judgment of the Almighty God who (Psalm 9:16) ”is known by the judgment which he executeth” and certainly (Psalm 9:17) “the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.” So it is action that is recompensed for, notice that in actions one can in their life either be showing respect and love for God or they can be showing disobedience and rebellion. One can say that they love the Lord with all their heart and yet if their actions be evil and corrupt, then aren’t their actions speaking the opposite. One can give God all the lip praise they want and still be so far from him, (Matthew 15:8) “This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.” So can’t one’s actions show their love for God because actions speak louder than words ever could.

Think about it, Was Saul obedient when he did sacrifice by himself, breaking God’s law instead of waiting for Samuel to come and meet him or when he sought help through a sorcerer women with familiar spirits, was he showing love for God regardless of what he was saying with his lips? Or when Israel was committed to idols and straying from God in their hearts and had idols and groves under every green tree, were they showing love for God? Or when Solomon went straying because of all his foreign women, which the law spoke against and warned, straying to idols and foreign “gods”, was he loving God? No, when we disobey God and choose a life of unrighteous and to be entangled in the pollutants of this world in any way, we are not loving God, but in fact are displaying the opposite. While we are not perfect, can we follow the world to destruction and prosper, I think not. Can we choose to live lukewarm and in a continuous state of rebellion living as a child of disobedience confessing God’s name, confessing Christ and still prosper, I think not. So we must stay focused (2 Timothy 2:4) No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.” So (2 Timothy 2:3) endure hardness, as a good solider of Jesus Christ.” Something we must do is endure, whether it be temptation (James 1:12) Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life”, or hardship (2 Timothy 3:12) Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution”, or in any other circumstance (Ephesians 3:17) being rooted and grounded in love” and holding steadfast in the faith (Revelation 3:11) that no man take thy crown.

Back