Let your light shine

Let your light shine

I believe that difficult times will soon be upon us. We are called to be a light unto those walking in darkness. How will they know that we are Christians? They will know we are Christians by the love we show one to another. We must stand together in unity, for divided we fall.

Ecclesiastes 4:
9Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
10For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
11Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?
12And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

I love all of you and want the very best for you, peace, love and joy. How do you receive these good things? You have to plant them, you reap what you sow. If you sow bitterness, strife and judgement, you will receive the same. It's the simple law of the farmer. You cannot grow wheat, from the seeds of a thorny bush.

Proverbs 16
24Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Understanding the very nature of God. God is love, God is truth, God is light. They are all one, for God is one. Where there is love, there is God, for God is love. Without love, you have nothing.

I love you!
Three little words that flow like a river, watering a parched land.

I love you!
Is a healing balm applied gently to the wounded soul.

I love you!
Whispered softly in the ear of the brokenhearted, turns sadness into joy.

Let us love one another, for this is pure undefiled religion.
Greet the brethren, with a holy kiss of love.

Proverbs 25
8Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.
9Debate thy cause with thy neighbour himself; and discover not a secret to another:
10Lest he that heareth it put thee to shame, and thine infamy turn not away.
11A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

I believe that difficult times will soon be upon us. We are called to be a light unto those walking in darkness. How will they know that we are Christians? They will know we are Christians by the love we show one to another. We must stand together in unity, for divided we fall.

Yes , Don , I believe the same way.

Our Christian love and compassion for our fellow neibour is not a duty but a command from Jesus . We must love our neibour as ourselves.

Thank you for the reminder.

That was a very timely word for me. I'm doing my best to show my dh Christ's love by my words and deeds, but sometimes, like the Bible says, just saying "I love you," can be the balm that heals. Thanx.

hikhll.jpg

Dusty, I am praising our Father in heaven for your good deeds. You and boanerges are like the two witnesses, you always appear in tandem to encourage me. Like mother, like son.

Where would we be without you to exhort and encourage us Don? God made us to need each other.

Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

This is one of my personal favorite subjects and as an evangelist I teach this repeatedly to as many as will listen. God Bless you brother for this encourages all who read it and is probably the most powerful word we can gain understanding of.

Well said and look forward to more threads on this subject.
(light is referenced 44 times in the new testiment alone)

Love you all,
Bro Doyne

Back