Let's all go to...Israel

Has anyone been to Israel?
I got an email about some church trips (or pilgrimage!) being planned to Israel next year. I've never been, it will probably be out of my budget, I can barely make it around my own country but I wonder if anyone here has been to all the biblical sites and what their experiences are.

I will post the itinerary and if you've been please tell us all about it.😇

Has anyone been to Israel?
I got an email about some church trips (or pilgrimage!) being planned to Israel next year. I've never been, it will probably be out of my budget, I can barely make it around my own country but I wonder if anyone here has been to all the biblical sites and what their experiences are.

I will post the itinerary and if you've been please tell us all about it.😇

Hello Lanolin;

Thanks for the heads up. For years we have heard from others here in the SF Bay Area (Christians and non-believers) who went and said it's an experience walking where Christ walked. I was told that the Israeli people were very nice to them while visiting.

We are praying we can go one day.

God bless you, Lanolin, and thank you for sharing.

I’ve known of some pastors (usually prophecy buffs) that have been 20+ times. We haven’t yet gone. Priorities, I guess
? How do they have enough funds to go that many times. It's not like it's that close by to other countries is it? Though it would be closer to NZ than the UK which is a very long haul flight.

Unless they are hosting the tours maybe.
I've seen videos of Bible lands though, so I can kind of SEE what it's like though it would quite different to experience it by touch, taste and smell and I'd be interested in the food on offer lol. There aren't many Jewish restaurants but if you go anywhere in the world you might be sure to find a Chinese restaurant or takeaway!

This might be a weird question but -- prophecy buffs here, can you tell me if you think you'll be around when there's tribulation or is that only for the Jews/Israelites.

There's some peeps who think church and Israel are separate.
And then there's others who think we're grafted in.

I mean I can't imagine living under an Israelite Kingdom but then -- I am kind of living under a 'United Kingdom" as loosely described (NZ was a former British Colony) and we are not a republic. But other people are eg China, the US, France?

Jesus said His kingdom was not of this world...so I'm not sure if like some say, He returns and established his Kingdom on earth we'd all get free passports to visit Jerusalem whenever we want and don't have to pay.

I mean now , in this world, the Royals can go visit any country they want and THEY personally don't have to pay a cent - the taxpayers pay for it all. They also mostly get to stay in 5 star accomodations!

This might be a weird question but -- prophecy buffs here, can you tell me if you think you'll be around when there's tribulation or is that only for the Jews/Israelites.
IMHO, the great tribulation is mainly for christ rejecting Jews and Gentiles. The church (born again believers) will not go through the G.T.
Separate?
Ephesians 2:15 (KJV) Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

IMHO, the great tribulation is mainly for christ rejecting Jews and Gentiles. The church (born again believers) will not go through the G.T.
Separate?
Ephesians 2:15 (KJV) Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Ok that kind of makes sense - but will we still be on earth or in heaven, watching? While it's all going on, kind of like from the sidelines.

Ok that kind of makes sense - but will we still be on earth or in heaven, watching? While it's all going on, kind of like from the sidelines.
I'm not all dogmatic about this, but it appears the Church comes back with Jesus...

1 Thessalonians 3:13 (KJV) To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Jude 14 (KJV)
And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

I'm not all dogmatic about this, but it appears the Church comes back with Jesus...

1 Thessalonians 3:13 (KJV) To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Jude 14 (KJV)
And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Ok are we like on an island or something or just temporary stay in heaven before heading back to earth. I'm often confused about this. Is He coming down, and we are going up or we meet somewhere in the middle.

Ok are we like on an island or something or just temporary stay in heaven before heading back to earth. I'm often confused about this. Is He coming down, and we are going up or we meet somewhere in the middle.
I think we will be at a supper in heaven...

Revelation 19:9 (KJV) And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

I think we will be at a supper in heaven...

Revelation 19:9 (KJV) And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
Is it a buffet - please don't tell me its a pot luck. I am not good at those. I want to eat everything but I can't. lol

Is it a buffet - please don't tell me its a pot luck. I am not good at those. I want to eat everything but I can't. lol

Seudat nissuin​

Marriage supper in Judaism

A seudat nissuin (Hebrew, lit.'wedding feast' or 'marriage supper') is a seudat mitzvah that observant Jews eat after a Jewish wedding. It is a mitzvah to have a joyful wedding reception.

Order of the meal

Before the meal begins, the newlyweds are blessed. Next, the kosher wine and challah to be served are blessed. After the day's meal is over, Birkat Hamazon and Sheva Brachot are recited, and the newlyweds dance. A seudat nissuin typically lasts a week called a sheva brachot ('seven blessings') week. If the newlyweds were married before, the seudat nissuin lasts three days instead of seven, and the blessings are only recited after the first day's meal.

Reference in the Bible

Old Testament​

In Tobit 7:14, after marrying, Tobiah and Sarah "began to eat and drink" with their parents. Genesis 24:54is also a possible reference to a seudat nissuin.

New Testament

In the New Testament, Jesus tells two parables about a seudat nissuin called the Parable of the Wedding Feast and the Parable of the Great Banquet. Jesus also attends the Wedding at Cana, turning water into kosher wine for the seudat nissuin. In Revelation 19:9, the Lamb of God is depicted holding a seudat nissuin. (Wikipedia)

I find the 7 day thingy interesting. i.e. 7 day duration = 7year tribulation.

7 days!
Have you been to one?
Most Christian weddings here just last a day, but I know Hindu weddings can be 3 days. I've never been to a Jewish wedding.
I've been to a muslim one.

Seudat nissuin​

Marriage supper in Judaism

A seudat nissuin (Hebrew, lit.'wedding feast' or 'marriage supper') is a seudat mitzvah that observant Jews eat after a Jewish wedding. It is a mitzvah to have a joyful wedding reception.

Order of the meal

Before the meal begins, the newlyweds are blessed. Next, the kosher wine and challah to be served are blessed. After the day's meal is over, Birkat Hamazon and Sheva Brachot are recited, and the newlyweds dance. A seudat nissuin typically lasts a week called a sheva brachot ('seven blessings') week. If the newlyweds were married before, the seudat nissuin lasts three days instead of seven, and the blessings are only recited after the first day's meal.

Reference in the Bible

Old Testament​

In Tobit 7:14, after marrying, Tobiah and Sarah "began to eat and drink" with their parents. Genesis 24:54is also a possible reference to a seudat nissuin.

New Testament

In the New Testament, Jesus tells two parables about a seudat nissuin called the Parable of the Wedding Feast and the Parable of the Great Banquet. Jesus also attends the Wedding at Cana, turning water into kosher wine for the seudat nissuin. In Revelation 19:9, the Lamb of God is depicted holding a seudat nissuin. (Wikipedia)

I find the 7 day thingy interesting. i.e. 7 day duration = 7year tribulation.
Wow, I have heard the Jews love a good party but 7 days is quite not what I expected. 7 being Gods number makes sense but I can only just about manage 7 hours.

7 hours. Isn’t that the average duration of an American wedding these days?
No idea, never been to an American wedding... though I've been to a Canadian one. It was held in summer and they had foot washing for the bride, who wore slippers. They had at a church and then an evening reception at a Chinese restaurant afterwards. It was just a day. But I think we (my mum and I) were there for 2 weeks. Because we came all the way from NZ. But we were just the guests, we weren't in the wedding party.

The traditional thing at a Chinese wedding is the tea ceremony with the elders.
I think there is always a toast at the reception though. I can't remember if there was dancing, I don't think they had a dance floor at the restaurant.

I've seen Greek weddings on tv where they smash plates. Similar to Jewish wedding where they smash glasses?

Back