Let's all go to...Israel

Similar to Jewish wedding where they smash glasses?
At Jewish weddings a glass wrapped in cloth is placed on the ground under the chuppah (bridal canopy) near the end of the official ceremony. Then one of the couple stomps on it, and all the congregation shouts "mazal tov!" with great joy.

mazl tov!
It means good luck, or at weddings good luck or good wishes and congratulations.

One of the most interesting weddings I ever attended was where the groom was Jewish and the bride was Mongolian. They had two ceremonies, one Jewish with a choopah and rabbi and afterwards a ethnic Mongolian ceremony with a Mongolian shaman/priest.

The reception and the after party were very interesting and all the foods were very unique also.

No idea, never been to an American wedding... though I've been to a Canadian one. It was held in summer and they had foot washing for the bride, who wore slippers. They had at a church and then an evening reception at a Chinese restaurant afterwards. It was just a day. But I think we (my mum and I) were there for 2 weeks. Because we came all the way from NZ. But we were just the guests, we weren't in the wedding party.
I'm sorry I didn't mean 7 hours the American wedding would last but rather (sadly) the marriage would last.

What is the standard cruisine in Israel?
I’m pretty big on tasty food and would actually love to visit Israel one day, but I can’t put my finger on what they eat, but I at least know what they don’t eat.

There's a few middle eastern restaurants near me that serve woodfired bread, falafel, hummus, kebabs etc.
I expect a lot of olive and mediterranean type food, since Israel shares a coast. Dates, sun-dried tomatoes, etc. Loaves and fishes...lamb!

Challah bread.
Latke cakes - fried potato
Gelfite fish??
Matzo balls.

On the Sabbath, things that can be cooked in a slow cooker/crock pot so nobody has to do any work. Those tagine things or stews with couscous. Food with dried herbs and spices...in some middle eastern countries there is like a town bakery where people bring in their bread to be fired and also lamb and goats to be roasted whole. Wasn't the temple basically a giant barbecue where they roasted lamb..offering burnt sacrifices? And the shewbread table was basically a bakery.

Unfortunately, this isn’t too far off as an analogy for how the marriage itself played out.

However, it was a joyful and memorable wedding.
I've been to a hindu/christian wedding.
That was interesting....

Though a lot of people get married in church when they are not believers, only because it's a good venue.

Back