Lets Get Cfs Back To Friendly

Another thought. Banning an instigator for several days when they continue to cause problems will perhaps help them to ponder their own actions. We can get so convinced of our own rightness that we become blind to our own actions.

Proverbs 21:2
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes.

I thinking banning teaches nothing; it only infuriates the dogged.
Closing threads is like punishing an entire class of innocents because "Zeke" and his pals are hurling spit balls.

As I suggested elsewhere: A private "room", monitored by a Mod (preferably a pastor) where belligerents and their targets are sequestered until some sort of results (good or bad) is reached off the main thread is in compliance with Scripture~~

this reminds me of detention, back in school days. :p

I thinking banning teaches nothing; it only infuriates the dogged.
Closing threads is like punishing an entire class of innocents because "Zeke" and his pals are hurling spit balls.

As I suggested elsewhere: A private "room", monitored by a Mod (preferably a pastor) where belligerents and their targets are sequestered until some sort of results (good or bad) is reached off the main thread is in compliance with Scripture~~

I pushed for this a while ago...it was horribly abused and didn't stop the arguments and debates. They still leaked out.

Honestly, the best thing to do, would be to delete the offensive posts. If people just want to cause strife, or argue for the sake of arguing, they will tire of having their posts deleted. They can choose to post more positive comments, or leave. That way, if this site chooses to not ban, then the ownership of whether to leave or stay, is on the infractor. << is that a word? lol

It might take more work from mods, but that would be a potentially viable option.

Honestly, the best thing to do, would be to delete the offensive posts. If people just want to cause strife, or argue for the sake of arguing, they will tire of having their posts deleted

Disagree. I think the site needs to be (within the constraints that we either believe or are trying, perhaps even struggling to believe in Christ) neutral and deletions could produce all sorts of accusations of bias.

I don't really see a move other than friendly reminders from mods.

I usually delete the posts but try to leave topics intacts if I can. Some topics are just not worth their own existence. When a topic is just a bunch of bickering, it does much more harm than good and must face capital punishment. Sometimes my warnings are slightly less than friendly, and as much as I try to be unbiased, that isn't always completely possible. In such cases, I'll often leave something I disagree with when I delete a series of posts so that I"m not censoring according to my own beliefs. Still, I can't always be successful because I don't always understand both sides of the issue well enough to be completely unbiased. Mostly, I'm just always surprised at how often mature Christians fail to act according to love, and instead choose to use their faith as a weapon against other believers. I don't think that pleases God, and it always grieves me and often makes me wonder how much I want to involve immerse myself in such negativity.

I don't have a context as I haven't seen (yet) any unfriendly banter. I think to the Apostles who were arguing amongst themselves as to who was the better one. And Jesus nipped that right quick! Lol So, the Christian church is a human one and hopefully, we can learn to grow together in love.

Im going to add in a somewhat different opinion on here. Since Ive joined, Ive seen a lot of different viewpoints-but not a lot of actual, real in depth discussion-as a lot of things, are discouraged on here, such as politics, or really debates of any kind. The Bible says iron sharpens iron. I agree we need to polite in our discussions, but on the same note, I think we need to thicken our skins to, I think if this forum wants to move forward, they should allow more debates, have a section just for debating current events, biblical theology, prophecy, etc etc. If someone gets out of hand, edit or delete the offending post and sending the offending person a polite warning. As long as you have a solid TOS and dont modify or delete anything that isnt in the TOS there will be no accusations of bias.

Ban.......I am afraid that it is here like it is in every church. When the preacher hits home on something that effects every single person in the auditorium, the ones who need to hear it the most always point to the person in front of them and say......
"He is talking to THEM......NOT ME".
Lol

A few years ago CFS used to be a place where you could fellowship, discuss, laugh, share stuff without the fear of being attacked by a fellow member. Now that we have grown to 7000+ plus members, we no longer have that atmosphere here. I want to encourage all members here to post in the nicest way possible also encouraging others to do so. Let's all behave like one family - children of God. Our staff is there to assist whenever you need help.

Here's a joke I wanted to share:

Terri asked her Sunday School class to draw pictures of their favorite Bible stories. She was puzzled by Kyle's picture, which showed four people on an airplane, so she asked him which story it was meant to represent.

"The flight to Egypt," said Kyle. "I see ... And that must be Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus," Ms. Terri said. "But who's the fourth person?"

"Oh, that's Pontius-the Pilot.

:D :D

I would suggest that moderators start up a ministry of "unity and enduring". Forums are a great place to shoot at each other right between the eyes with what we think is truth. In the real world none of us (most?) wouldn't be as automatic and quick to give advice. For those who monitor this site, some of you may have the Spiritual Gifts to minister to us as we move away from sharing the truth in love into just winning an argument. Paul says that if we are strong we need to own the insults of the weak for their spiritual learning Romans 15. There is never going to be perfect unity of every doctrine with believers, but what I've noticed in my own life is that God doesn't choose the right over the wrong in every circumstance but He chooses the humble over the prideful. Glorifying God, that's our goal. We can only do this by being humble, being Christlike. None of us will be like Christ's righteousness, we are sinners. But what did Christ do for us that we "can do"? He forgave us when we didn't think that we needed forgiveness. We can forgive others who don't see what we see as doctrinal truth and error, so that others can look in on how we as Christians are able to move forward together in love despite our idiosyncrasies and foibles and they will glorify our Father in heaven.

A few years ago CFS used to be a place where you could fellowship, discuss, laugh, share stuff without the fear of being attacked by a fellow member. Now that we have grown to 7000+ plus members, we no longer have that atmosphere here. I want to encourage all members here to post in the nicest way possible also encouraging others to do so. Let's all behave like one family - children of God. Our staff is there to assist whenever you need help.

Here's a joke I wanted to share:

Terri asked her Sunday School class to draw pictures of their favorite Bible stories. She was puzzled by Kyle's picture, which showed four people on an airplane, so she asked him which story it was meant to represent.

"The flight to Egypt," said Kyle. "I see ... And that must be Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus," Ms. Terri said. "But who's the fourth person?"

"Oh, that's Pontius-the Pilot.

:D :D

I realize that this post is old but when I read it again today I was impressed to make a comment to you Jeff.

I believe that what you have just described ........
"A few years ago CFS used to be a place where you could fellowship, discuss, laugh, share stuff without the fear of being attacked by a fellow member"............could once again be the norm if all the mods would be sensitive to the things posted and why they are posted.

I am not the brightest bulb in the lamp, but anyone can observe the animosity, attack mode writing, and yes even the heresy that is posted here. When that happens, why is there not a warning given and then the second time it happens, BOOM, they are gone.

As long as anger, personal attacks, an attitude of arrogance and obvious "get even" attitudes are condoned, it will never improve my friend. That is because God does not get the glory in such comments.

Having been in the church business a long time, (And in many ways this site is a church) I can assure that ignoring the obvious will never improve the situation. It will not improve and just go away! It will get worse.

I promise you that some of the things said here and the WAY they have been said to other members would never be tolerated in most churches. The pastor and leadership of churches are called to keep order and promote love among the brethren.

Hebrews 12:10
"For they (Earthly Fathers) disciplined us for a short time as seemed nest to them, but He disciplines us for our good, that we may share His holiness".

God's purpose is our holiness and since that is the case, what then should our attitude and response be to our brothers and sisters in Christ??? An attitude of indifference or arrogance places us on very dangerous ground with the Lord.

I agree with major actually. I have observed a lot of false doctrine on this boards. Now, I don't think we should be attacking those who are promoting it-but we should have the right to challenge it, and they keep pushing false doctrine, then they need to be removed-After all, as christians, we need to stand on the Bible-if we cannot stand on the Bible, and false doctrine is allowed in, then what good is the church? what good is a forums? if we allow false doctrine to be preached, unchallenged?

and rusty, we dont need a church police force to decide what is heresy and what is not, we have the Bible, it spells out what is heresy, and what is not. We need to address, and challenge heresy, whether its in our local church, whether its on a online forum, or even at work-false doctrine is false doctrine nonetheless, and a lot of people, are actually learning online.

I will say, however, your statement church is not a business, and marriage is not a business, not only is that a true statement, I fully agree. They are both relationships. We need to build relationships in everything we do, with everyone we meet. We need to challenge heresy, but its best done in love, best to build a relationship and show them the error in their ways lovingly, but there also has to be a line drawn in the sand-and if that line is not drawn, bad doctrine will spread like a weed, and many young christians may be led astray. And its better to offend and ban a few false prophets-then to lose the least of these.

now see rusty, here is the problem. I said we need to draw a line, and we need to allow discussion. any kind of prolonged debate, since Ive started here, has been heavily discouraged. So how are we to "man up and defend" if were not allowed to debate? just curious.

I never said ban all non-protestents, or those who believe differently. Never. So please, please DO NOT put words in my mouth. I said ban those who are obvious false prophets, who are only here to spread mischief. Those are pretty obvious, I think to all who actually bother to pick up the Bible and read it.

Now, don't you think your being a slight bit hypocritical with your last post? I mean seriously, you all but accused me of being mr high and mighty-and state that we cant know it all. Well, if we can't know it all, how do you know Im wrong? just curious.

First: No one here is appointed by God to decide what is "heresy". There is no Church Police Force, not Inquisition on a forum, which by definition is an open public discussion, not a Baptist, Catholic or Presbyterian orthodoxy class. If you don't want your comfy opinions questioned, don't join a forum!

Second: The idea of banning has been discussed and explained many many times by the Adm. Let them decide.

Third: "He who is without guilt, throw the first stone". I find whiners are often the worst offenders.

Fourth: If your dying for fellowship so badly that the Internet forum is a big deal for you....Check you personal relationships. Church is not a business; marriage is not a business.

And if this comment by Rusty does not exhibit arrogance and an attitude which encourages confrontation and division......
what does???? He states ........"If you don't want your comfy opinions questioned, don't join a forum!"

What he leaves out is that the name of this site is "CHRISTIAN Forum". When our brothers who are weak in the faith read such comments their faith then becomes weaker not stronger.

At first, when Rusty joined the forum here, I just thought he was angry at me and wanted to argue and fight with me because I rejected some of his opinions. But after awhile I saw that he is that way with pretty much everyone.

Now as a Christian, please read Rusty's comment ...........

"Fourth: If your dying for fellowship so badly that the Internet forum is a big deal for you....Check you personal relationships. Church is not a business; marriage is not a business."

Now here is how stuff gets changed. I did not say that marriage was a business!!! Read the comments. Rusty said that....not me! I did not say that church is a business.............."I said that I had been in the church business a long time."
That is two different things altogether my friend.

Now as for the comment said............I am dying for fellowship and the fact that you are not says something to all of us. Being a soul winner for Christ is all about makeing relationships and in that way it is a business. A work, a desire a business to save the lost for Jesus sake. To make a differance. If not, then why are you a missionary?????

I am dying every day as all of us are. I am dying to get out the Word of God. I am dying to visit the sick and home bound. I have more personal relationships my dear friend than I can remember which is why I have someone to keep up with them . BUT that is not the point!!!!!!!

The point is that you, who have claimed to be a Christian would endeavor to make such a comment to another Christian. As we have stated and once again proved, you made a personal attack, changed the words said. It is out of line and should not have taken place.

Last edited:
I agree with major actually. I have observed a lot of false doctrine on this boards. Now, I don't think we should be attacking those who are promoting it-but we should have the right to challenge it, and they keep pushing false doctrine, then they need to be removed-After all, as christians, we need to stand on the Bible-if we cannot stand on the Bible, and false doctrine is allowed in, then what good is the church? what good is a forums? if we allow false doctrine to be preached, unchallenged?

Absolutely agreed. BUT.....watch happens right here on this thread.

We will have comments made that will be personal attacks and out of line to even say. That will lead to retailiation, confrontation and the thread will be closed.

Let me be more direct:

I'm a firm believer in religious liberty: a man is only answerable to God for his understanding of the Bible, and NO MAN is worthy of deciding what is another man's religious duty toward God. NO MAN is infallible concerning doctrine.

This is the foundation of the Reformation and the purpose of those who fled Europe to found a free country, where no one dictates church doctrine by force, stricture or any form of banishment because of ideas.

However, when the fruits of the Spirit are missing, when libel, slander, rudeness or petty insults are slung by Christians who feel free to act like the world to defend their religion....well....then you have problems.

You said............
"However, when the fruits of the Spirit are missing, when libel, slander, rudeness or petty insults are slung by Christians who feel free to act like the world to defend their religion....well....then you have problems."

Well there it is!!! You have correctly identified the problem. As I have said many, many times; it is not so much what is said BUT how it is said that causes a problem. So now, how do you suggest that we fix it?

Back