Let's Pray

Can a Christian truly have a close and meaningful walk with Jesus Christ without or with very little prayer?
How important is prayer according to God's Word?

In the Bible prayer is our sacrifice of incense to God as worship is our sacrifice of praise to Him. Prayer is defined through the Bible as intercession, hymns, intreating, request, supplication, devotion, etc. Jesus even prayed, as you know. So why is it so hard for a Christian to take time to pray meaningfully?

This isn't a shotgun blast, I know there are some prayer warriors out there that can move obstacles by their obedience in faith and I know I would benefit by reading your Wisdom on the subject.

Prayers are primarily are talk with God. Bible study is primarily our listening to God. Our relationship is dependent on both. A good relationship requires good communication.

cp
That’s a good way to put it😊

I think I need to do more listening.
I must have talked the socks off Him lately and not done much listening.
Except when He chooses someone to speak to me through.

Can a Christian truly have a close and meaningful walk with Jesus Christ without or with very little prayer?
How important is prayer according to God's Word?
first answer is NO
2nd very important

Ephesians 6:18​

“Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;”

Philippians 4:6​

“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”

Back