[LF feedback] Planner with bible reading plan and goal planning?

Hey guys,

I’ve been toying around with this idea for a while and wanted to ask for some help/feedback.

A few months ago, after becoming a new father, I had trouble staying consistent with my bible reading. Although let’s be honest, it was already hard for me before then!

Then I had the brilliant obvious idea to combine a bible reading plan with the planner I was using to organize my day.

What would be different about this planner is that it’ll have assigned bible readings, space for reflection/prayer/thanksgiving, quarterly goal planning, task management, and habit building. With space for weekly check ins and sermon notes along with your regular scheduling tools.

I had originally created a simple word document to use just for myself, but thought that maybe other people might find this helpful too.

Anyway, I’m wondering if anyone would be interested in taking a look and giving me some feedback? Also if you want to tell me what you'd want to see in something like this.

Thanks in advance
:rolleyes:

Sounds interesting yes share!
I have been subscribing to a daily devotion via email and that tends to work cos I go check my email nearly everyday. But this might be a bit different...?

Sounds interesting yes share!
I have been subscribing to a daily devotion via email and that tends to work cos I go check my email nearly everyday. But this might be a bit different...?

So, this is more of a bible reading plan + planner, not sure that counts as a devotional? not too sure haha

But I went ahead and attached the file. Let me know what you think please!

Attachments

• FP-WM.pdf
    457.1 KB · Views: 7
Well had a quick look, must be for very busy people?
I confess I dont use a planner online I have a diary and a blank prayer journal to write things down. It could be helpful for someone who runs on a tight schedule and wants to manage their time to the minute.

Yes, it's aimed for the busier crowd I suppose. This is meant to be printed out like a book though, not an online planner. Instead of planning things down to to the minute it just a schedule and too list!

There's space for prayers too! (check out page 19)

Reminds me a little of my day planner back when I was working...

I had a King James printed on pages that fit my planner. I usually kept an Old Testament book of wisdom + a Gospel + one or two Epistle in my planner. I also had sections for prayers (and answers to prayers).

Very useful. I also found that keeping it current (choosing next Bible book, archiving prayers & ansewrs, etc) provided time of reflection when I could take stock of how God was acting in my life.

When my job required less formal planning (fewer meetings, etc), my planner lost much of its calendar features and became my journal.

I took a look. It is very nicely done, and I am aware that some people use such aids.

My reaction is puzzlement: why not just read your bible instead of spending your time reading your schedule to see if it's time to read your bible? The only schedule I offer people is to read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can keep your place just by looking at a calendar.

When you get ready, read Romans through 2 Thessalonians over and over until you start to remember passages. That is the part that applies to Christians. At that point you are going to know more bible than anybody in your church, even the seminary graduates, because very few people actually read the bible. They mostly read ABOUT the bible, or they read devotionals that might have no connection at all with the bible.

Remember, God never asked anybody to read devotionals, or commentaries, or writings of philosophers.

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I took a look. It is very nicely done, and I am aware that some people use such aids.

My reaction is puzzlement: why not just read your bible instead of spending your time reading your schedule to see if it's time to read your bible?

So the idea behind this wasn't so much to check the planner to see if it was time to read the bible. Usually I'd read the bible around the same time everyday. But it was to have the convenience of the bible reading plan (knowing what to read), and space to reflect on the reading, that COMBINED with other tools a normal planner would have, such as a to do list, etc. I thought that putting those two together would simplify things (for me personally at least, it has).

Thank you for the comments. My idea behind this is to help people get more consistent with spending time in the bible and with God - I believe everything else will fall into place once that happens. I think a lot of people are very idealistic in terms of how we approach God, which is fine! But I feel that in doing so, it makes it difficult for a less mature believer to grow.

For example, someone may say: "you shouldn't need a planner, you should always be in God's presence". Which is true, but is not very helpful for someone who isn't already at that level of spiritual maturity. A newer believer in my opinion would need some guidance and tools (maybe not NEED, but it'd be helpful).

So I'm seeing this as a initial tool to help believers be more consistent. I also have ideas after this to help them grow deeper, but that's a little further down the road.

I think it would be helpful, diaries with scripture on them are helpful. It is better to have scripture than the random motivational quotes secular diaries have.

For a busy business orientated person of course. Not everyone goes about their day with to do lists, but its always good to write things down so you remember to do things. I had a job where I was just expected to remember every single thing. Without writing it down. Then they were puzzled when I kept forgetting things or doing things out of order. Well not everyone has a photographic memory!

I then started writing things down in a notebook, but the boss got annoyed that I would be writing things down. It was because he changed what I was doing everyday, according to his whims and so when I got to work I would often have no idea what I was meant to do until he told me.

Back