Liars Have Always Been With Us, So Be Careful! = Genesis 3;2-5

Liars Have Always Been With Us, So Be Careful! = Genesis 3;2-5

Genesis 3;2-5

And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

John 8;44

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Proverbs 17;4

A wicked doer giveth heed to false lips; and a liar giveth ear to a naughty tongue.

Proverbs 19;22

The desire of a man is his kindness: and a poor man is better than a liar.

I Timothy 1;9-11

Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers; For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

I John 2;4

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

I John 2;22-23

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

I John 4;20

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Revelation 2;2

I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars;

Revelation 21;8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and ALL liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

John 8;44

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

AMEN

The worst lies are the lies we tell ourselves. These are the excuses we make up to justify our own cowardice or laziness.

Fortunately (or unfortunately for some), God sees through our self-deceptions, and when he does he shows them to us as well. This is why we have feelings of guilt, that nagging feeling that we've sinned in some way...

For some, feelings of guilt are so severe that we short-circuit our relationship with God by saying he does not exist, or he is evil for allowing suffering, or he just does not care, etc. This is, of course, another self-deception but if left to fester long enough it will drive a person straight into the arms of the enemy. Such is the path to damnation. We choose to be damned rather than accept our own deceit.

Back