Life advice (non spirital)

Life advice (non spirital)

Ok,

So about 2 years ago, I was planning on joining the army, and then pursuing training in law enforcement. I was working at a small Internet company that was in the process of being sold. So I knew my time at the job was up. For the last 8 months I was the one and only employee at the company.

The boss was so impressed with my work, that he asked me not to go the the army. He owned another company, a water treatment company. He wanted me to be part of the team. He promised me education at the companies expence, he promised me a 1 dollar an hour raise then and their.

Here I am 2 years later. He did give me that 1 dollar raise, but I've yet to see another one in the last 2 years. He also has not sent me anywhere or given me any material to further my education. I'm making so little money that I can not afford to have a car on the road, and I have to share an apartment with a friend to get by.

The work I'm doing is NOTHING like what I was told. I do the occasional technical thing, other then that its boring very repetative jobs (put 2000 books together, put in evelopes and get them to the mail, rip up a roll of bubble wrap into small squares) Then most days, they don't even really HAVE work for me, so I sit at my computer and surf the net.... answering e-mails and phone calls in between (like I am doing today) So I could ask for a raise, but the truth is, for what I do, I don't feel I deserve one, and I'd expect that is what the boss would say too. I would love more responsibility so I could ask for a raise, but I never get given any other work, and there is not work they could give me!!!

They're WAY to busy to train me (its a small company with 6 other employee's) I had a talk with my boss a few months ago, he kept saying "think of this as a career" all I could think of in the back of my mind was "I could make more money working in a call center(a job I did in highschool), what kind of career is this?"

Now, I've made up my mind. I'm going back to school at 21 years old. My Mom and Dad said I can move back home, and that they'd use their credit to get me a car (and I would pay them back when I was done school) I like this idea, I'm leaving in September. I don't know how to tell my boss, he still thinks I'll be with this company for years, and I feel that is the only reason why I'm still working here (as of right now, I don't think I'm needed, he's just keeping me for the future)

I feel like he'd be very let down, but at the same time.... what can he expect? Who wants to make 20grand a year for the rest of their lives.... not me!! I have to ride my bike to work in the WINTER and I live in Canada, becuase I can't afford a car, the bus does not go to where I work, and I could not afford to take a cab.

So my question is.... should I leave this job for the next year and find a temporary 1 year job elsewhere? My job gives me zero scenes of accomplishment, to the point where I'm depressed sometimes. I'm also extremely bored at my job. Being paid to surf the net half the day sounds pretty sweet, but you get sick of it after a year and a half.

What should I do? Should I explain my feelings about my job to my boss? How should I go about doing this? Should I quit and find another job, so I can actually feel like I've accomplished something (even if its only a 1 year job) or should I ride it out, and not say anything until I've got all my paper work filled out and I'm ready to go to school?

I can only say that I would not know how to seperate the Spiritual with the everyday life- I would personally pray and follow God's lead no matter where it took me- blessings Larry

Now, I've made up my mind. I'm going back to school at 21 years old. My Mom and Dad said I can move back home, and that they'd use their credit to get me a car (and I would pay them back when I was done school) I like this idea, I'm leaving in September. I don't know how to tell my boss, he still thinks I'll be with this company for years, and I feel that is the only reason why I'm still working here (as of right now, I don't think I'm needed, he's just keeping me for the future)

Dear Dave,

I think this is a good plan for you and that you are taking a step in the right direction. There doesn't seem to be any future where you are and do you really want to stay there the rest of your life ? It doesn't sound like it. You have to think about your future . You are very young and have the opportunity, I would say take it.

Present what you have told us here to your boss but maybe after all your school plans are finalized and see what he says. The Lord will help you with the words to say to him. I am sure he will understand. Pray about it and the Lord will also open a door for you to know which way to go.

Suppose and just suppose that later on down the line you find a young lady and want to marry. Just think about when a family comes along. Will you be able to support that on what you are making now?

Dave, you are young and would be in a better position by taking the opportunity your parents are giving you. It is not too late. God Bless and I will be praying that you will make the right decision.

P.S..... Yes I know what London is like in the winter. The snow capital of Ontario.

first of all

you owe it to yourself to be fulfilled but remember fullfillment comes from Jesus Christ. God has a plan for you. He wants the best for you. You need to know God has promises that He never breaks. Man breaks promises. Men are selfish. you have to do what is right for you. you have no future with this company. the man proke his promise tio you. So Move on.
Check your heart talk to the man tell him if you have to write it in a letter sometimes that is easier.
God Bless

Back