Life Coach! :)

shineyourlight8

Sr Encourager Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hi, all! For the past five months, I have been taking classes in order to be a life coach.

Well, my friends, I was certified last week :) :) :)

Being a life coach is kind of like being a counselor. However, I'm not here to enable people to remain in their problems but to help them get out. When you go to a counselor's office, you just talk with them and they listen. That's not what I'll be doing. I genuinely will help them get out of their probhlems, but not by enabling them to not think for themselves. It's all about free will. I help them to recognize that they have a problem, to take ownership (responsibility) of it, and to do some action steps to get out of that problem (so what can THEY do to get out of that and get on the road of recovery?).

I like being one, because it takes all responsibility off of me and puts it on the person that I'm coaching. Because as much as I care, it's not my life but theirs. And it's up to them to decide for themselves if this is really a problem that they would want to come out of. And if it is, that's where I come in and where I guide them and help them as much as I can.

The person that certified me explained it perfect: "Coaching is God's plan for developing people! It's all about free will, which was His idea from the get go!"

"But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ." Matthew 23:8-10

"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2

It is admirable to want to help people indeed! Just remembering Who is the One that does the work and gets the results is important. :) And I say this in love....

"But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ." Matthew 23:8-10

"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2

It is admirable to want to help people indeed! Just remembering Who is the One that does the work and gets the results is important. :) And I say this in love....
Well, of course. Haha. I don't think I ever said not to fix the eyes on Jesus. :) :) :)

God has placed people to help others. We are here to lift each other up and to build each other up. Helping people doesn't mean I'm healing them and whatnot. It's helping them. I will be a Christian life coach, so obviously I will be doing this all in Jesus' name.

Thank you for the reminder, but I never once thought of not pointing people to Jesus while coaching them =)

Would you be willing to be my life coach? And what do I have to do to contact you for help ?
Message me on here and we can discuss it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, of course. Haha. I don't think I ever said not to fix the eyes on Jesus. :) :) :)

God has placed people to help others. We are here to lift each other up and to build each other up. Helping people doesn't mean I'm healing them and whatnot. It's helping them. I will be a Christian life coach, so obviously I will be doing this all in Jesus' name.

Thank you for the reminder, but I never once thought of not pointing people to Jesus while coaching them =)

Message me on here and we can discuss it.

(Couldn't figure out how to message so I am posting this here...)

I must apologize. I zoned in on "Coaching is God's plan for developing people..." and thought it was missing what really caused the change...God's power and working in that person. But you are right, God put people here to help people. He works through the hands and feet of His body - us!

I can see that my assumption was wrong. So please forgive me for jumping to conclusions like I did up there.

And congrats on your certification! May God use you much! :)

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad that I've been part of this forum to share thoughts about Christian life. I am an internet marketing assistant, and my company is also gathering thoughts about life coaching or spiritual coaching ideas. I would like to share this to you guys....

Life Coaching form

Please tell me what you think. Your feedback is important to us in how we can better improve our service. No personal contact information is required.

Thank You!:)

Claire

Back