Life getting worse, is it punishment or praying wrong?

Moderator Request:

Since kenmtb has not been able to get back to CFS since Wednesday, November 15th, the staff is requesting that NO additional posts be placed in this thread until such time as he can catch up on reading.

Thank you for your cooperation.

`

Sorry for the absence. All of your post are amazing and the scriptures are something that requires more careful reading.
If this helps anyone else out:
I have been struggling for years to gain traction in desktop development. It is a field that was good for a while but everything moved to the web. Consequently the job market is dismal. Bouncing between temp jobs has not helped the resume. There are a ton of other things happening right now especially trying to help my elderly mom from long distance. Not a good few decades.

BTW if you have elderly parents please make sure they have some kind of plan after retirement their needs wont get easier!!!

There are a ton of folks in worse situations. I am blessed to have great people like you to whine to. The rich folks and politicians are above the flood waters and they have more important things to indulge in. I pray the leaders will turn their attention to their own people rather than war and greed.

In the mean time I will keep praying, retooling and searching for some kind of work.

Sorry for the absence. All of your post are amazing and the scriptures are something that requires more careful reading. If this helps anyone else out: I have been struggling for years to gain traction in desktop development. There are a ton of other things happening right now especially trying to help my elderly mom from long distance. Not a good few decades. BTW if you have elderly parents please make sure they have some kind of plan after retirement their needs wont get easier!!!

Hello kenmtb;

Many of us have had an up and down 2023. But when we look at the bigger picture of your testimony, I truly give God thanks that you're alive, you're with your Mom and have all the faith you still have your life in front of you.

Hang in there as we all go forward in 2024.

I'll be 67 next month and during this year I stopped and thought of the road less traveled or the road taken in my life and faith. I had those opportunities that I didn't take and blessings that were taken away. But where I stand today my life may not be much but it's my life and am grateful to God.

May the Lord bless
you, Ken, your Mom and family, and Merry
Christmas.

Back