Little Old Ladies

Dusty

Inactive
Little Old Ladies

A young man shopping in a supermarket noticed a little old lady following him around. If he stopped, she stopped. Furthermore she kept staring at him.

She finally overtook him at the checkout, and she turned to him and said,

"I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease;

it's just that you look so much like my late son."

He answered, "That's okay."

"I know it's silly, but if you'd call out "Good bye, Mom" as I leave the store, it would make me feel so happy."

She then went through the checkout, and as she was on her way out of the store, the man called out, "Goodbye, Mom."

The little old lady waved, and smiled back at him.

Pleased that he had brought a little sunshine into someone's day, he went to pay for his groceries.

"That comes to $121.85," said the clerk.

"How come so much ... I only bought 5 items.."

The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said you'd be paying for her things, too."

"Don't trust little old ladies.

I woulld be the first to agree that a lot of the elderly can be trusted, but I have seen some real winners who enjoy saying "What can they do to me, then laugh.":(

You can't be officaily classified as a little old lady until your hair turns blue.:p

"Hi, Mom! Remember me from yesterday? In the market? You told me to call you Mom. Anyway, I thought you might want your receipt. Next time don't run off like that. You might have to return something later and you'll need the receipt to do that."

Betcha she'd be floored!:eek:

Smilie_lol_PH.gif

Well, this 'little old lady' is NOT going to dye her hair blue. It is enough to put up with the change of color (professional highlighting of the best sort - natural greying). Good joke. I enjoyed it. Just wanted to let you all know that some of us are gentile, loving, trusting, and trustworthy. After all, the Church is filled with us. Or at least it should be.

Have a great day/evening.

A bit off-topic (humor) but this situation that was quoted as the joke 'actually happened' at a Rite-Aid Pharmacy in Collier County Florida in early 2005. Almost identical to the joke listed here...

If I remember correctly, the young woman who was stuck with the bill did press charges and the District Attorney really threw the book at the 'little old lady'... they suspended her wheelchair driving privlidges, took away her walker and cane, disallwed her from purchasing denture adhesive for a month and confined her to the 'home' under GPS house arrest. She was also required to do 40 hours of community service by knitting socks for the local police officers and paying restitution to the victim out of her Social Security check.

( JUST KIDDING!!!:D )

Now what kind of world are we living in when a little old lady would have to steal.:(

After a certain age, they've earned just about anything they want, if you ask me.

Give it to them!:D

Sometimes I see little old ladies shoplifting at the supermarket. I usually pull out $20.00 and tell them " I think you dropped this" smile and walk off. It is ashamed to see old people hungry and resorting to this.

"Hi, Mom! Remember me from yesterday? In the market? You told me to call you Mom. Anyway, I thought you might want your receipt. Next time don't run off like that. You might have to return something later and you'll need the receipt to do that."

Betcha she'd be floored!:eek:

Good answer .... Whirlwind. and I betcha she wouldn't do that again.

Back