Living in the Present – That’s Where God Is

Hi, I wanted to share an article about not living in the past and not worrying about the future. I know, easier said than done!

I hope you enjoy it and I would love any feedback you have.

Article Excerpt:
We never “try” to live in the past or “try” to live in the future. We just do it. It really doesn’t take any effort – we just go there according to our natural inclinations or weaknesses in our personality.

To live in the present, we actually must “try”. We are not always inclined to do it. We often must force ourselves. It takes work. Darkness can keep us in the past or in the future, and avoid the present. The present is where God is – not the past or the future."

Living in the Present - That's Where God Is
http://www.growinvirtue.com/present/

Many times we don't enjoy the present because of the next thing we are preoccupied with. And the past can often sour the taste of today with the old ways of thinking. That's why Paul taught to renew our minds with the Spirit. Enjoy what is. What is to come may never happen.

@Grow in Virtue Hello,
Well just in case I missed my chance I wanted to say Welcome to the CF family. I have been in several Christian forums and this by far is the best I have seen yet. So with that said all I can say is come on in and fellowship with some of the most wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ.

Now back to your post.....
I agree it takes discipline to keep your eyes on the present day and unto the future which is always Christ Jesus. Several scriptures come to mind in this....

Philippians 3:13
KJV... Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended but one thing , forgetting those things which are behind and reaching fourth unto those things which are before.
2 Corinthians 5:17
KJV... Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.

Any way have a very blessed and wonderful week end
Jim

In eternity, God is always "present." :D
I beg to differ my trusted friend......it all depends on who you are........:eek::cry::speechless::mad: those may be the faces of some dont ya know.....I doubt Our GOD WILL BE PRESSENT WITH THEM....
Please forgive me Brother....just plaaying......
Have a wonderful week end
Jim

I believe that's part of the punishment of Hell - the ever absence of God's presence. I was just playing with the double word meaning :D

Where and when is God not present? Omnipresent God? Psalm 139.

When I lay down
when the day
has reached its end
You are there
In the darkness of night
You are there
The world lays sleeping
You are there
In the still of darkness
I lifted my voice to heaven
Your praise is in my heart
You comfort me in knowing
You are there
I long for You
Both night and day
There is joy in my heart
You are there
You are King
Master Teacher
Creator of all things
Where I am
You are there

@Grow in Virtue Hello,
Well just in case I missed my chance I wanted to say Welcome to the CF family. I have been in several Christian forums and this by far is the best I have seen yet. So with that said all I can say is come on in and fellowship with some of the most wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ.

Now back to your post.....
I agree it takes discipline to keep your eyes on the present day and unto the future which is always Christ Jesus. Several scriptures come to mind in this....

Philippians 3:13
KJV... Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended but one thing , forgetting those things which are behind and reaching fourth unto those things which are before.
2 Corinthians 5:17
KJV... Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.

Any way have a very blessed and wonderful week end
Jim

Jim, thanks for the greetings and for taking the time to read the article. Appreciate the feedback!

Alan

Back