Living Sacrifices

Living Sacrifices

1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual[a] act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

what does this mean to you?

To me it means to make yourself available to whatever God has in mind for the day. To be obedient in what ever He sets you to do. To not be like the world and all its excesses. To be different, unique among a perverse culture.
These things are ways of worship. And you will prove God's word to be true and right.

That's what comes immediately. May have more later.

Interesting topic!

Oh yeah! To put yourself last, to prefer God and His ways. To set aside your agenda and plans and take up His.

That is something that can only be done walking in the Spirit (in total submission to and complete dependence on the Spirit) with our every act according to His will and in His power.
To be transformed by the renewing of you mind means to believe God's Word over all experience, sight, smell, taste, touch or any other preconceived ideas and to walk in it by faith.
The Holy Spirit leads us deeper into death to our old self and farther into the newness of life daily. He leads us to the cross, He reveals the Word, He reveals the Father's heart and He reveals our wonderful Jesus to us.
God speaks and it simply is- creative power through His spoken Word. We no longer put faith in the wisdom of fallen man, circumstance or anything else that presents itself to us but instead we trust His Word. Such revelation is spiritually imparted and cannot be received unless one is truly born again. That is why the Word of God seems like foolishness to them that are perishing.
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in
righteousness and true holiness.
The Holy Spirit thorough Paul in the book of Ephesians tells us t be renewed in the spirit (or very life force ) of our mind and calls us to walk as new the new creations that God has wrought in us when we were saved.
1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

I am the righteousness of God in Christ, I am sanctified in Christ, I have the wisdom of God in Christ, I have been redeemed by God in Christ.
So if His Word says I am righteous and yet I do not feel righteous- who shall I believe? Do I trust my previous experience,? Do I trust how I feel?
No instead I trust the Word of God and by faith in Christ I walk in this truth- if I do this then I am renewed in that area of my mind and my life is transformed as I began to experience the reality manifest through faith in His Word.

They are all good! I think in part, and I am making this quick, cause I have to leave for my sons grad, but to sacrifice our will to Him daily too.

Here are the lyrics to an old Jeff Fenholdt song- This has been one of my theme songs for the last few decades:

"Living Sacrifice"

Make my life a living sacrifice
Knowing its the least that I can do
Holy and acceptable to you

I looked upon my life realized
the last within myself theres
nothing I can do Yet here I
stand, to offer all

I am, and give myself completely
Lord to you Take my life A living
sacrifice Knowing its the least
that I can do

Holy and acceptable to you I
cannot be content until I reach
that place,
How little I have given up to you
Lord break down my will Make my
desires your own Long to give my
everything to you

Take my life A living sacrifice
Knowing its the least that I can do

Take my life a living sacrifice
Knowing its the least that I can
do

To me it means to make yourself available to whatever God has in mind for the day. To be obedient in what ever He sets you to do. To not be like the world and all its excesses. To be different, unique among a perverse culture.
These things are ways of worship. And you will prove God's word to be true and right.

That's what comes immediately. May have more later.

Interesting topic!
Excellent.Very well said Fluffers!:)

Back