Loneliness

Remember the song, Gloom, Despair, and Agony from the Hee-Haw show?

The chorus line was:

"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me."

GLOOM, DESPAIR AND AGONY ON ME

From the TV Show "Hee-Haw" (1969 -1992)
Buck Owens & Roy Clark

Have you ever noticed how when you feel alone that this can almost
become our life's theme song? Even a beautiful day we can suddenly
begin viewing through the eyes of Eeyore.

I know I have felt alone many, many, many times. I resorted to unhealthy
methods of avoidance and treating it but for those who are wise enough
to not try to coat it with artificial treatments what can we offer for hope in
spite of our loneliness?
What Scripture are there for those who feel alone?
How do we pray in those moments or chapters of life?

SOURCE: https://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/g/gloomdespairandagonyonme.html

Christ was alone all had forsaken him, yet he had God the Father always with him.
John 16:32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. (KJV)

Here is something else that might be useful.

cp

Hello Sam;

The song Gloom, Despair, and Agony was an oxymoron for the show "Hee Haw." lol!

From reading 2 Corinthians 5:21, it said to me that Jesus experienced ultimate rejection and human loneliness when he died for our sin.

Jesus understood that humans are highly social beings and in time it can become painful. This is why vices can substitute the pain temporarily. I don't have the scientific background but loneliness can shorten a life by 15 years.

There are so many verses where God makes a way to numb the loneliness. This is seeking Him daily, not just in prayer but in our lamentations of our loneliness laid at His feet.

We have all battled loneliness in different measures, but here is the Good News. It takes getting connected with the Lord, daily, and it works! Loneliness can be overcome with doors opening so others and opportunities can come into our lives.

Its not a quick fix solution, but
God's Time, slowly but surely.

Praise God for all things are possible with Him, and us.

Hello Sam;

The song Gloom, Despair, and Agony was an oxymoron for the show "Hee Haw." lol!

From reading 2 Corinthians 5:21, it said to me that Jesus experienced ultimate rejection and human loneliness when he died for our sin.

Jesus understood that humans are highly social beings and in time it can become painful. This is why vices can substitute the pain temporarily. I don't have the scientific background but loneliness can shorten a life by 15 years.

There are so many verses where God makes a way to numb the loneliness. This is seeking Him daily, not just in prayer but in our lamentations of our loneliness laid at His feet.

We have all battled loneliness in different measures, but here is the Good News. It takes getting connected with the Lord, daily, and it works! Loneliness can be overcome with doors opening so others and opportunities can come into our lives.

Its not a quick fix solution, but
God's Time, slowly but surely.

Praise God for all things are possible with Him, and us.

Hello Belinda;

You ask a good question and there is a difference.

Prayer to God is defined in so many ways, but is an expression of worship to include our love, thanksgiving, confession, and requests to Him.

Lamentations,
for example in the book of Jeremiah, we can relate to grief, sorrow, weeping presented to God. I personally agree with Jeremiah that "God suffers when we suffer."

"Laid at His feet"

Christians and all people who believe in the True God will express their prayers and lamentations and should be personal and transparent. God always sees our hearts.

God bless you, Belinda.

Hello Belinda;

You ask a good question and there is a difference.

Prayer to God is defined in so many ways, but is an expression of worship to include our love, thanksgiving, confession, and requests to Him.

Lamentations,
for example in the book of Jeremiah, we can relate to grief, sorrow, weeping presented to God. I personally agree with Jeremiah that "God suffers when we suffer."

"Laid at His feet"

Christians and all people who believe in the True God will express their prayers and lamentations and should be personal and transparent. God always sees our hearts.

God bless you, Belinda.
Thank you, Bob.

Back