looking for God's gifts in each other

Jesus said whoever receives a prophet receives his reward: Matthew 10:41

i like to look for God's gifts in other people, because when i recognize the gifts God has deposited, i get blessed - God's gifts in that person blesses me

when i was a young christian i was jealous of other people's gifts, and there was no reward in that to me

somewhere along the line, God somehow changed my heart to where i could see others as my beloved family members, and i started to be glad for them and all the gifts God gave them, and next thing i know i am getting blessed by their God-given gifts

God was showing me just now how i am receiving their reward because i am receiving them, and the gift they are to the body of Christ

love you all

you are very special and blessed people

Truthfrees: It is so good that you came to the realization that God's gifts, even though they exist in other people, still belong to the BODY of which you are a part. This makes these gifts yours as well. Blessed be the Lord that He opened your heart to realize this and then poured His Spirit into you to open you up to your own unique spiritual gifts. Together we are strong and make up all the parts that keep alive Christ's church on earth. Special blessings to you my friend.

Love in Christ ... your sister Egraine

Truthfrees: It is so good that you came to the realization that God's gifts, even though they exist in other people, still belong to the BODY of which you are a part. This makes these gifts yours as well. Blessed be the Lord that He opened your heart to realize this and then poured His Spirit into you to open you up to your own unique spiritual gifts. Together we are strong and make up all the parts that keep alive Christ's church on earth. Special blessings to you my friend.

Hello Egraine;
Thank you for your post. Many years ago my sister and her husband received a large settlement and bought a beautiful home. My sister used their new home for her day care center and did very well. I opened up to coworkers and confessed how jealous and bitter I felt. My wife and I were newly married and couldn't afford a home at the time.

Then one of them told me very plainly, "Bob, instead of being angry why don't you be happy for them?" This really hit me in the gut because after all, this was my sister, brother in law (who survived a bad car accident) and their two children. The gift part you mentioned was how she used the home full time to take very good care of other parent's kids so they could work.

Truthfrees, Today at 1:07 AM

i like to look for God's gifts in other people, because when i recognize the gifts God has deposited, I get blessed - God's gifts in that person blesses me.

What Truthfrees shared is the truth.

Thank you both for your thread and post. It blessed me.

God bless you.

Last edited:

amen

for me, when i ceased being jealous and focused on loving others - almost as if others were more valuable than myself (Philippians 2:3) - that is when i started seeing their gifts and rejoicing with them for all God gave them - not thinking of myself at all

for me that has been freeing - forgetting about myself and thinking of others - praising God for His gifts in others and not thinking of myself

iow love came first and all other good things came flowing in after

faith works through love - Galatians 5:6

God Bless you my dear sister

Hello Egraine;
Thank you for your post. Many years ago my sister and her husband received a large settlement and bought a beautiful home. My sister used their new home for her day care center and did very well. I opened up to coworkers and confessed how jealous and bitter I felt. My wife and I were newly married and couldn't afford a home at the time.

Then one of them told me very plainly, "Bob, instead of being angry why don't you be happy for them?" This really hit me in the gut because after all, this was my sister, brother in law (who survived a bad car accident) and their two children. The gift part you mentioned was how she used the home full time to take very good care of other parent's kids so they could work.

Truthfrees, Today at 1:07 AM

i like to look for God's gifts in other people, because when i recognize the gifts God has deposited, I get blessed - God's gifts in that person blesses me.

What Truthfrees shared is the truth.

Thank you both for your thread and post. It blessed me.

God bless you.
God Bless you my dear brother

your kind and generous heart blesses me

your love for God and others is very noticeable

Back