Looking for guidance

U

Unregistered

Looking for guidance

I am in a difficult situation at the moment and i was after some help.

I have been with my wife for nearly 9 years and we have 2 beautiful daughters together aged 6 & 7. I am catholic and my wife is Church of England we both try to lead a good life...

However, due to poor judgement on my part i had a 1 night stand with another woman. My wife knows of this and unfortunatley my daughters know also.

Although i have asked for forgivness for what i have done i do not feel as though i deserve it.
My wife is committed to our relationship and has agreed to draw a line in the sand and to turn the other cheek, the problem is that i have lost all the respect from my eldest daughter.

I so badley want to make amends and move on for the sake of my family but i do not know where to begin in earning their trust back.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Many thanks

McGowan lodged

We may try to do good, but evil is present with us, and if you by the Spirit, mortify the dees of the flesh, you shall live. Are you born again? You need to know Jesus, repent of sin, take up your cross and follow Him. Are you trusting Him and Him alone to save you 1)your soul from hell 2) from your sins 3) from yourself? The flesh profits nothing , at best it is filthy rags Isaiah 64:6,

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life." John 6:63

"I will declare your righteousness and your deeds, But they will not profit you." Isaiah 57:12

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:6

"Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' John 3:7

"Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. “The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. “So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:34-36

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord," Acts 3:19

"A bruised reed He will not break And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice." Matthew 12:20

"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out." John 6:37

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS." Matthew 11:28-29

"Therefore, let us fear if, while a promise remains of entering His rest, any one of you may seem to have come short of it." Hebrews 4:1

Read Isaiah 59

You must get right with God by God nailing your sins to the cross before you can hope to get right with your wife, and that also requires divine intercession. Sin has consequences.

You cannot come to a Holy, holy, holy seperate God until you first come to His Son who cleanses, pardons, and redeems...and then He will make you a child of the Most High. God loves His Sheep...they cost Him His Life. Go to Jesus, there is No Way to the Father but through the Son, leave your idols and ideals and your rights to yourself at the door, He is the Door, all who enter in by Him will be saved, come to the cross and sit at His Feet, come just as you are, if you wait until you make yourself 'better' you will not come, you must be washed in His Blood, Atoned for, and Robed in His Righteousness. May God richly bless you and may Christ shine on you, may you be healed, go in peace, and sin no more, in Jesus Holy, Name i ask.

My dear friend,
God is the only one who can forgive sins. I would encourage you to to confess your sin to Him and receive His forgiveness. Please understand that absolution can not come from any human. Personal faith in Christ is what makes one in right standing with God.
Your wife is indeed a treasure. Has she truly forgiven you ? God's Word promises that if we sin He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness. In His eyes YOU ARE FORGIVEN. Asking forgiveness from God requires genuine repentance - renouncing that sin, turning from it and turning to God. Have you done this ?
Your oldest daughter is only 7. She feels that you have failed her. She definately doesn't trust you right now. My advice is to talk one on one with her. Be open and honest . Let her see that you're human and you did in fact do something wrong and damaging. Don't make excuses for what you did, it will only serve to drive her further away. Tell her that your wife has forgiven you and so has God. Tell her that you love her and ask for her forgiveness. That takes a real man of courage to do and it will speak volumes to her. Tell her that you understand that you've broken her trust. Pray that God would give her a forgiving spirit.

Romans 8:1 says there is no condemnation if Christ Jesus. If you repented then God forgives. Don't let the enemy make you feel condemned and guilty. There was such freedom from guilt when I first read that verse.

Please visit this webpage and submit a prayer request. I promise you that it will help. There are different services and someone for you to talk with personally.

www everdayfaithandprayer com

Back