Lord give me a sign

Lord give me a sign

Before you click the link, look here.

I've liked DMX for years, But he wasn't the type of person I would call a Christian by the music that he released.
But this is a Christian song he has released, and I hear he has released previous Christian songs.
I started listening to this song and I was Gobsmacked, I was like "WOW!", I could feel the holy spirit here, its so amazing. And I really wasnt expecting a song like this from DMX.

This song is very good and very firm in what he says.

"In the name of Jesus Devil I rebuke you for what I go through, for trying to make me do what I used to.”

I hope you like this as much as I do!!!! :D

Also, I realise there may be some hate towards DMX because of the nature of other songs that he makes but for a moment, Forget about what DMX does or writes songs about, thats for him and the Lord to sort out, Listen to the lyrics.

I really liked it also, but if I had not listened to other releases of his, I would have believed that he was sincere in this one. I tended to just think, however, that Christianity is becoming a fad and they phrases they use are mere copy cat. Know what I mean?

From all the trashy stuff he is known for, his filthy mouth, etc. I would have to see a change in his future releases before I would believe he is serious. I know it is possible to change, but once you've been where he's been and influenced all these kids like that, it would have to be evidenced in his life style; I'd have to see a change. The devil can quote scripture too, you know?

Very good point SS, I agree. I just didn't know any DMX before...

I just got done looking at the video.
I don’t know much about this man in the video and I don‘t know any of his other songs. I don’t care much for rap, but this song, in itself, seems to line up with Scripture. When I viewed the video, there had been 1,237,194 views so far. That’s a lot. The thing that struck me was the fact that as the video was loading in my browser, I was in another window reading and listening to Judges 6. Gideon lays out a fleece, or in other words, asks God for a sign.

I’ve been hoping that God would give me a sign about some things concerning what I should do lately about a few specific things. I know what I want to do, but I don’t know if it is the right thing that will line up with God’s plan. What I want to do is nothing bad and doesn’t go against anything in the word. I just don’t know if it is part of God’s plan for me. I guess what I’m getting at is this. I’ve been taught that asking God for a sign is similar to testing God. I know we aren’t suppose to test God, but I’m really not sure anymore about asking for signs. Now I’m wondering if while the video was loading, and me reading about Gideon putting out the fleece at the same time… would that be God giving me a sign saying that it is ok to ask for a sign? Does that make sense to anyone?

Back to the video… who that man really is… only God knows. If someone is not saved, I don’t think making a few “Godly” videos will help him much. But who knows? Maybe someday the video will turn around and help him.

Back