Lords God Prayer

Lords God Prayer

The lords prayer is a revelation in itself :)

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory. for ever and ever. Amen

Amen- let Thy will be done in the earth of our bodies as it is in heaven.

The lords prayer is a revelation in itself :)

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory. for ever and ever. Amen

One time we caught heck from our pastor because when we said this prayer it sounded rehearsed, memorized, spontaneous. There was no feeling - and when he grilled us about it, some people didn't even understand what the words were saying and what they were praying.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven (the Creator of all things, Who is in heaven)
Hallowed be thy name (holy, to be respected greatly)
Thy Kingdom come (nobody else's kingdom, but His and His alone...which He will share, but will always remain His)
Thy Will be done (What God wants is final - what anybody else wants, including me and you, is secondary; God's Will is all that we need in our lives)
On earth as it is in heaven (there are no boundaries there for God...He is just as powerful on earth as He is in heaven...His Will be done in either place, and places where we can't begin to imagine)
Give us this day, our daily bread (For man shall not live by bread alone, but by each word that comes from the mouth of Lord...so the bread that we need is His Word)
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us (so as much as we forgive others, we will be forgiven in equal measure)
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil (God is our rock, a safe place where evil can't harm us...we don't have to fight when we're with the Lord - He will fight for us)
For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever (it's without end - our God has no end and no beginning, and there's not a nanosecond in there anywhere where God will not have the power and the glory).

Anyways - when he explained and talked to us about it for a while, he had us say the prayer again and this time it brought some real tears.:) Happy tears. Thankful tears.

Thanks for sharing this, univac! I'd almost forgotten...again. It's a good reminder, my friend.;)

This one always speaks to me. Lord help me to be kind and loving and not loose it when some one shouts or cuts me off in traffic. The other day that happened and the guy just raised his finger , well you know, and I just smiled at him as he passed. I think that freeked him out.

Back