Lords Prayer

What do you think?
After the fall God said 'from dust thou came and to dust thou shall return'

The Prayer:
God's will is to be done IN earth as it is in heaven.
The focus is on our personal temple and not on this world - for it is not redeemable in its current condition.

What do you think?

The Prayer:
The focus is on our personal temple and not on this world - for it is not redeemable in its current condition.
I am still not understanding the link between these 2. Would you mind explaining a little elaborately? Apologies for my lower level of intelligence :D

What do you think?

The Prayer:

God's desire is for us to submit our life to Him just like we were already in Heaven. For Him to rule in our lives just as He rules in Heaven. Accepting His Lordship, and authority in our lives through submitting to His ways and Word. His Word is our roadmap to the way we should be living our lives. But everything that we do is a choice to serve Him and His ways or ourselves and the ways of the world...which are the devils ways.

I am still not understanding the link between these 2. Would you mind explaining a little elaborately? Apologies for my lower level of intelligence :D
Mt. 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
I believe the general understanding of this verse is that it is a request is to have God's will done on earth, as it is in heaven.
What I was suggesting is that the 'in earth' is a reference to the Christian's body and not earthly affairs.
This also seems to better fit the rest of the prayer's personal context.

Mt. 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
I believe the general understanding of this verse is that it is a request is to have God's will done on earth, as it is in heaven.
What I was suggesting is that the 'in earth' is a reference to the Christian's body and not earthly affairs.
This also seems to better fit the rest of the prayer's personal context.

It could be said thy kingdom be established in my life and my families lives here in earth as it is in heaven and Thy will be done in my life and families lives here on earth as it is in heaven.

Or another words thy will be done in my house as it is in your house. Which means you are willng to be willing to do what ever He and His word says to do. In doing this you line your self up to His desires and not your own. You want your house to operate as His house. House meaning every single area and part of your lives.
Just my take on it
Blessings
Jim

It could be said thy kingdom be established in my life and my families lives here in earth as it is in heaven and Thy will be done in my life and families lives here on earth as it is in heaven.

Or another words thy will be done in my house as it is in your house. Which means you are willng to be willing to do what ever He and His word says to do. In doing this you line your self up to His desires and not your own. You want your house to operate as His house. House meaning every single area and part of your lives.
Just my take on it
Blessings
Jim
True
But I expect that it is understood that God does not have any grandchildren only sons and daughters - it is an individual affair.
Sure enough we claim them based on the Word for 'all that you ever loved and all that ever loved you will be there.'
Then that brings into question as to what love is being refered to for we know that true compassion is not human emotion but to do the will of God.

In the Our Father, there are a number of petitions. The first series of petitions carries us toward him, for his own sake.

What I found in the Catechism (par. 2804), it says this:
"Thy name, thy kingdom, thy will! It is characteristic of love to think first of the one whom we love. In none of the three petitions do we mention ourselves; the burning desire, even anguish, of the beloved Son for his Father's glory seizes us: "hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done. . . . " These three supplications were already answered in the saving sacrifice of Christ, but they are henceforth directed in hope toward their final fulfillment...

What do I think? Jesus came to redeem us. He is risen, we will too, therefore the curse has been broken. We accept this by faith.

If we dont believe Jesus rose from the dead, our faith is in vain and we will be most miserable.

Back