Lordship Salvation

So I was just wondering... Is this guy right when he says Christians who don't obey Jesus are going to Hell? Because if that is the case, there is no hope.

Yes. We all fail, but our goal every day should to become more like Christ. If that is not our goal for the day then we must not understand the magnitude of what Jesus did for us. I believe a lot of people that say they are Christians will not be with Jesus after the final judgement.

I disagree with what he says in that video. Even the righteous people in the bible failed on occasion. Maybe he means that is how serious you have to take it, but it seems like he is saying that if you sin at all after being saved then there may be no way back, which I don't believe.

One thing that always come to mind in regards to people who teach this is the fact that Abraham was justified by faith. While yes his faith caused him to act, his acts himself did not justify him.

Galatians 3:7-9
7 Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.” 9 So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

Romans 4:3-5
3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.” 4 Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. 5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

So I was just wondering... Is this guy right when he says Christians who don't obey Jesus are going to Hell? Because if that is the case, there is no hope.

This young man is obviously sincere but also sincerely wrong.

1 John 5:13
"These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life".

Gal. 2:8
"We are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves lest we should boast".

Romans 4:1
"We are justified by faith........."!

Those who insist that we must follow or keep commands of the law to be saved are wrong. Should we keep all Of Gods command? YES!
The problem is that we can not do that. We should try but it is impossible. Paul knew that as well which is why he included it in Romans 7.

A better question I think would be WHY do we tend to doubt our salvation?????? What causes us to doubt our salvation..............

Sin in our lives.
Sin brings a feeling of estrangement from God.
Sin brings a sense of isolation.
Sin will cause a believer to be miserable.

False teachings.
Liberal preachers who do not hold to the Bible as the Word of God.
Some discount certain parts of the Bible because they do not like that part or can not keep that part.
False teaching says that you must do something to be saved or to saved saved. The Bible says no such thing at all.
How can anyone believe that they must do something to please God.

Too much emphasis on emotions.
There are a lot of people who follow a "feel good" religion.
Emotions will not lead to any assurance but instead failures.
Am I still saved when I have to write a check to the IRS???
If my salvation is all about feeling good, am I still saved when I am taking chemo and feel like dieing???

Failure to believe God.
God said in Acts 16:31......."Whosoever believes in the Lord Jesus shall be saved".
That is what God said but the man in the video said he did that but was not saved because he did not obey Gods commands.
That is NOT what Acts 16:31 says so in effect our friend in the video is calling God a liar.
Doubting God at His Word is calling God a liar.

1 John 1:9 says "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us."
But now this man says that he did but was not saved. That is a dangerous thing to say to God!!!

Satanic attacks.
Satan is always happy to whisper into our ear......"You are not saved, just look at you".
Satan is the accuser of the brethren.
Satan is the original liar, thief and murderer.
Satan would rather ruin and confuse a believer more than anyone else.

No, he is wrong. We are not saved by what we do or don't do. We are saved by God's grace through faith, and made children of the Kingdom. By disobeying God we will surely lose rewards that are saved up for us, but we will not lose our basic inheritance, which is heaven.

1 Corinthians 3:12-15 speaks of the method of reward and withholding rewards of believers, at the Judgment Seat of Christ. Those who are diligent in their faith, helping to build the Kingdom up will receive more reward and less loss than those who are less diligent. The Kingdom is for children of God---believers---those who have received Jesus Christ and been cleansed by the blood of the Lamb....not for people think that they can achieve salvation by performance.

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
(Joh 14:23-24)

Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
(Mat 7:19-23)

One would have to assume that it's actually hard to obey, and that can't be the case, or God is unjust.

You also have to look through those verses I posted and know what Jesus was speaking about.

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
(Joh 14:23-24)

Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
(Mat 7:19-23)

One would have to assume that it's actually hard to obey, and that can't be the case, or God is unjust.

You also have to look through those verses I posted and know what Jesus was speaking about.
When he says whoever does the will of my father... Is he talking about the same thing in John 6:40 which says

40 "For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

2Co 3:3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.
4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God.
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
6 ¶ who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Legalism...obedience to and by the letter, is not the obedience of the New Covenant! The Word is Spirit and Life and its fulfilled in the obedience of faith working by love. This man and those like him are ministers of satan (the accuser)... but I could not speak to you as spiritual and deliver you from the "letter" for you have grown dull of hearing ... so suffer at the hands of these false teachers who bring you into bondage to the "letter" if you will not hear the truth?

Funny instead of folks seeking out the true gospel, and being edified in the truth, many are drawn to these false teachers and seem to seek them out? They have a spirit that works to accuse the righteous, to bring doubt and fear. These people are not of God, they do not declare the Jesus of the New Testament who looks to justify the sinner and save that which is lost! These people represent the Pharisee and hypocrites that look to condemn folks by a standard of the law that they do not keep themselves.

Ro 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Ga 3:9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."
11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for "the just shall live by faith."
12 Yet the law is not of faith,

Legalism is NOT OBDIENCE ..its disobedience and its the flesh trying to justify the flesh by the "letter"

Back