losing my way lately

losing my way lately

After two years of athletic training in boxing and martial arts, I, not only lost a lot of weight and got into great shape, but also, rose to a competitive level in both sports. During a recent sporting event, I tore my acl and now need surgery. The injury devastated me so deeply that I couldn't understand why God would let this happen to me. Although I've been through many tough times, this hit me so hard that I found myself feeling like I was being punished, doubting my faith and blaming God for this horrible turn of events.
I've been so angry that I can't even pray. Then, a friend reminded me that in the toughest times is when we should lean on him even more. I know that she's right but, I'm having a hard time doing that.

:welcome::welcome::welcome: to CFS and we are glad you found us and joined. I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time right now. But when you find it hard to pray lean on the Holy Spirit as He can intercede for us when we don't know what or how to pray during difficult times.

Just want to ask that you review the links below and I will be praying for you.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/ge...uncements.html

Survival tips for new members on the Christian Forum Site

God bless,

Godbe4me

After two years of athletic training in boxing and martial arts, I, not only lost a lot of weight and got into great shape, but also, rose to a competitive level in both sports. During a recent sporting event, I tore my acl and now need surgery. The injury devastated me so deeply that I couldn't understand why God would let this happen to me. Although I've been through many tough times, this hit me so hard that I found myself feeling like I was being punished, doubting my faith and blaming God for this horrible turn of events.
I've been so angry that I can't even pray. Then, a friend reminded me that in the toughest times is when we should lean on him even more. I know that she's right but, I'm having a hard time doing that.

:welcome: ljgreen,

First of all welcome to the forums. Glad you found us.

Your friend is right, you need to learn to trust and lean on God during the tough and easy times. God didn't promise in his word that bad things wouldn't happen to us. We live in a real world, things happen all the time and we have to learn to trust in him no matter what. I would recommend you post a thread for healing if you wish in the prayer support area.

God Bless
Jake

I tore my acl and now need surgery. The injury devastated me so deeply that I couldn't understand why God would let this happen to me.

are you following Jesus,so you can talk to God.?maybe ask in prayer.

Thank you for all of your responses. I will visit the prayer support area and I will pray for guidance as to how to handle things at this time. I'm not sure how to say it without sounding angry but I'll let the Holy Spirit guide me in the right direction. God bless you and thanks again!

LJgreen,

Welcome to the forum....

Sorry about your accident,and your anger with God....

God knows your heart,and He loves us even though we become angry...

Sometimes we just don't understand 'life' in general,but keep staying close to the Lord through prayer and His Word...

Welcome LJgreen, you did the right thing to come here and ask for comfort and help from OUR LORD and from your sisters and brothers. It seems that God gave you lots of skills and talents. Maybe He wants now to improve your faith. So, please consider Job 2:5 "But put forth thy hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will renounce thee to thy face." It's easy to say for me but I think it is your chance to prove your Father how deep is you trust, and God will give you more than He took. Here is my 2 cents.

Welcome to the forum. We are soooo happy to see new faces :)
That accident must have been terrible for you!!!
I found a scripture last night. And thought I'd share: "Just as you'll never understand the mystey of life in a pregnant woman, so you'll never understand the mystery at work in all that God does." Ecc. 11:5
^We will never understand how God works. It will remain a mystery until we die and meet him face to face.
First off, let me tell you that God DOES love you. Looking at the surface, we may feel that God hates us because of things that have been done to us, but that's not the case. Sometimes God lets us go through trials to get to Him.
If God wasn't involved in our lives (ex. giving us obstacles and whatnot), we wouldn't grow closer to Him. We'd just be spoiled!
God longs for a companionship with you. He loves everything about you. Even through this time, God loves you. He doesn't hate you because you're questioning Him. He's hurting, of course, but his love hasn't changed. He still thinks that you're prettty awesome :)
Pick up a Bible. Read Psalms. David struggled a lot, as well. I hope that it will be an encouragement to you :)

Back