Loss of a child

Loss of a child

This is from Solo:
This might not be the right place to post this, but our oldest son, Zachariah was killed in a car accident six years ago April 25. He was 18 years old, a senior in high school, getting ready to go to prom and graduation, when he was killed. Him and a friend were on their way to work after high school dismissed, and the friend fell asleep at the wheel, and the car hit a disabled pickup truck on the shoulder. Zachariah was pronounced dead at the hospital a couple hours after the accident.

God carried our family through this time, and he continues to comfort us from the great loss. Zachariah is described perfectly in Galatians 5:22-23.

If anyone needs to discuss the loss of a child, or knows someone going through this tragic experience, I am available to answer any questions.

I thought we would start a new topic here if you would like to respond or share.

Mark, It amazes me the way God's helping your family go through such a tragedy. It'll be too hard for me to bear.

I think God lets this happen to us because of two reasons:
1) To strengthen us
2) To strengthen others through us.

You're a miracle family. :smt045

Re: Loss of a child

Mark said:
This is from Solo:
This might not be the right place to post this, but our oldest son, Zachariah was killed in a car accident six years ago April 25. He was 18 years old, a senior in high school, getting ready to go to prom and graduation, when he was killed. Him and a friend were on their way to work after high school dismissed, and the friend fell asleep at the wheel, and the car hit a disabled pickup truck on the shoulder. Zachariah was pronounced dead at the hospital a couple hours after the accident.

God carried our family through this time, and he continues to comfort us from the great loss. Zachariah is described perfectly in Galatians 5:22-23.

If anyone needs to discuss the loss of a child, or knows someone going through this tragic experience, I am available to answer any questions.

I thought we would start a new topic here if you would like to respond or share.

On the Saturday of Labor Day weekend in 1990, my nephew Stephen, who was 29 yrs old, was accidentally shot and killed while target shooting with three friends.

The incident sent a shock wave of grief through our whole family, the like of which we had never experienced. The pain is still there to a degree. It will never go away completely, nor do I think it should. For all of us treasured Stephen and we still do. That's what love is all about.

SLE :(

Back