LOve believes all things

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
I’ve tried to understand this verse what Paul said. Love believes all things. I just don’t know how to apply it, and what to apply it to. If someone told me they were Santa Claus, I’d laugh and find it enduring... no harm in believing that. I could go along with that. But if someone told me I wouldnt get injured if I jumped in front of a moving train I wouldn’t believe them

So what does it mean to believe all things?

I’ve tried to understand this verse what Paul said. Love believes all things. I just don’t know how to apply it, and what to apply it to. If someone told me they were Santa Claus, I’d laugh and find it enduring... no harm in believing that. I could go along with that. But if someone told me I wouldnt get injured if I jumped in front of a moving train I wouldn’t believe them

So what does it mean to believe all things?

Greetings,
Take this verse and put it back in the context it is written within.

Here it is written a little easier to grasp.

Love is patient and kind
Love is not jealous

Love does not brag and

Love is not proud.
Love is not rude

Love is not selfish

Love can not be
made angry easily

Love does not remember
wrongs done against it.

Love is never happy
when others do wrong

Love is always happy
with the truth.

Love never gives up on people

Love never stops trusting

Love never loses hope

Love never quits.

1 Corinthians 13:7
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

She bears up under everything; believes the best in all; there is no limit to her hope, and never will she fall.

Love never stops being patient, never stops believing, never stops hoping, never gives up.

P.S it's our enemy that wants us to believe all things, see this makes his deception easier to push.

Blessings
FCJ

I was told a few years back that there is a little problem understanding based on the way we think being different from early Christians. Here is one place where our thought patterns are a little askew from early Christians.

Remember that 1 Corinthians 13 is describing God's Love. We can only approach it, and then only in His power.

It is love based on the attributes of the lover (God) rather than the attributes of the loved (Us).

The bears all things, believes all things, and endures all things is an expression of this Love based on His attributes rather than ours.

So it matters not what our burdens are. His Love is greater.

It matters not whether we believe everything, He knows what is correct and believes for us, providing we have a kernel of belief.

It matters not what our trials are he can lend His strength.

Love believes all things, is seeing things in the best light, not getting pessmistic and expecting doom
and gloom but seeing the good and the potential even when the night is very dark.

When people get cynical, they do not believe anything, they criticise and see failure everywhere, which
leads to staying still and doing nothing.

Love believes all things, is seeing things in the best light, not getting pessmistic and expecting doom
and gloom but seeing the good and the potential even when the night is very dark.

When people get cynical, they do not believe anything, they criticise and see failure everywhere, which
leads to staying still and doing nothing.
You bring up a good point... love believing the best of all things is essentially walking by faith in each moment of every day. Choosing to talk and believe Gods Word over what our situations may appear to be for God's Word is truth over everything and our circumstances or environment

2 Corinthians 4:18.. kjv.... while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen aretemporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal

Back