Love, serve, fear - Three fold

When you go through The Law - you will notice these 3 phrases echo'ed OVER and over.....
and when you go through Jesus teachings - you will find the same....

You shall LOVE the Lord your God...
You shall Serve the Lord your God...
You shall Fear the Lord your God....

and Paul aptly finishes with "The greatest of these is Love".....

It may Start with any of the 3... Many folks FEAR God - fear Hell - and accept Jesus....
Many folks feel the Call of God - and want to Serve God and accept Jesus....
Many folks want to receive the Love of God in their life - so they accept Jesus.....

You must find all 3.... There is BALANCE in the 3.....
The FEAR of God reminds you that POWER is in His hands... When you pray and see an (Evil) boss fired in front of your eyes - THINK... That's POWER of God.... Think - if God can do it to him when I pray - he can do it to me if I abuse another.... Respect His Power, Authority, and Might..... Do not be FOOLISH and buck God... God is not one to be trifled with or disrespected....

The DUTY to God reminds you that you are his Servant... A Bondslave... That He OWNS me and has the RIGHT to demand service at my hand...... That I owe Him a DEBT... and the only way I can pay that debt is by giving him ME..... The Duty reminds us that ACTION is important....

The LOVE of God reminds you that you are his Child... His beloved... That he LOVES you so deeply and that you love HIM so deeply.... The love ALSO is critical in that this love rights the ship.... Love REFRESHES....

Here's the rub in the whole thing....
You can't DUTY your way through Eternity - much less life here... Eventually narcissism or laziness creeps in and says "It's ok if I don't....."
You can't FEAR your way through Eternity - much less life here.... Eventually callouses and apathy creeps in and says "I don't care if....."
You can't even LOVE your way through Eternity - much less life here.... Eventually you say to yourself "Just because I love doesn't mean I have to....."

But - with all THREE - you CAN make it... All 3 must be kept in balance...
The Love keeps the Duty fresh....
The Duty pushes the Fear out of paralysis....
The Fear keeps the Duty alive...
The Love calms the Fear....
The Duty reminds the Love....
The Fear reminds the Love....

but the GREATEST of these is Love - because without Love - it's Narcissism......

Back