Love Your Enemies

Dusty

Inactive
Love Your Enemies

Todays thought :

Love people, have no enemy and be good to everyone. It is healthy for the mind and soul. You know, it takes up too much energy to hate someone. It eats into the vitals of your being. It robs you of happiness. Sometimes, you can even lose your sense of purpose and dignity just simply because you don't like somebody. It's not worth the price we pay for. Even if you are not friends to all, be enemy to none & hate no one!

Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

Luke 6:27
"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

YES & AMEN to Love people. But (sometimes) to love your enemy, brings to mind "forgiveness". to love some enemies on my part has defiantly taken forgiveness (not just of the mind, but of the heart) - in which no limit should be set to the extent of (Luk 17:4). Even though an enimy could care less about my forgiveness, I know without it, a corrupting disposition can settle itself within me.

Amen to all you said. Someone may not like me but no one is an enemy to me as far as I am concerned. When we treat all the same with the love of the Lord, He can change hearts. Even if I don't see a change I pray one day they will because I wouldn't want anyone to be lost. It would be a terrible place to be for eternity.

That's right and even that old saying comes back " treat others as you would have them treat you " I really believe this is true. and also the saying what goes around comes around so if we treat others badly , eventually it will come back to you .

That's right and even that old saying comes back " treat others as you would have them treat you " I really believe this is true. and also the saying what goes around comes around so if we treat others badly , eventually it will come back to you .

Luke 6:31
And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap

Amen to that . And that applies in all aspects of our life .... at home at work , with our friends ( and yes ememies )

Proverbs 25:22
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.

Romans 12:20

On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

YES & AMEN to Love people. But (sometimes) to love your enemy, brings to mind "forgiveness". to love some enemies on my part has defiantly taken forgiveness (not just of the mind, but of the heart) - in which no limit should be set to the extent of (Luk 17:4). Even though an enimy could care less about my forgiveness, I know without it, a corrupting disposition can settle itself within me.

Yes hesed .... that is so important and is not easy to do but when we submit to the Christ , He also will show us the way to forgive the person who has wronged us . That disposition that you say settles is bitterness which can hinder us to fully worship the Lord.

I know cause I have been there and I am sure we all have.

Bless you hesed for your honesty .

We can choose to forgive even if we don't feel like it just because the Lord tells us to. But the more we pray for that person, the more the Lord changes our heart toward them. Even if they don't care, it releases us and keeps us in fellowship with the Lord.

But then there's always our "for real" Enemy. & i remember reading that one of our greatest attributes against him is PRAISE. When we praise God even when the devil is using something or someone to get to us, he will stop because the situation is motivating us to praise God. ...how awesome is our Lord! ol' Satan (even with all his demonic hoard) can't penetrate His praise.

But then there's always our "for real" Enemy. & i remember reading that one of our greatest attributes against him is PRAISE. When we praise God even when the devil is using something or someone to get to us, he will stop because the situation is motivating us to praise God. ...how awesome is our Lord! ol' Satan (even with all his demonic hoard) can't penetrate His praise.

He absolutely hates praise! That's why he tries to keep us from it.

Yes that is a powerful weapon against our enemy . If only more people would grasp that .

Back