Love your enemies

I thought I could, then realised that I can't. I sometimes have compassion for them, but it's usually when they're not around. Not a great example is it?
Jesus does it. He changes the heart. I've had two experiences of it, and they definitely weren't from me :)

Let me throw some base concepts at you and see what you think.

We find ourselves in a finite good and evil condition with checks and balances from which we must establish a base from which we can then move on to the next step.
If we encounter an adverse situation or person we must navigate around it or put things in place in our mind so we can move on.
In this fashion we can move our enemy concept into a juxtaposition so it is manageable and then convince ourselves that all is well.
In contrast, from a eternal perspective love is an absolute that is not affected by circumstances.

Navigate around it...good idea...instead of clashing head on, which is what enemies tend to do.

Always seem to me that people make enemies when resources are few, say two people want one thing. Do you cut that thing in half or take turns? Or do you share equally at the same time. Or do you give the one in your possession away to the other and buy or ask for another one.

God doesn't need to have any enemies since He owns everything anyway and it's not like He ever lacks resources.

Often our enemies are more honest to us, because they have nothing to lose by it. Yet often our so-called friends have a lot more to lose; so they are more prone to being deceptive so they won't lose their own support from you. In other words, our enemy helps us to be true while our friends help us to be in denial of our own truth.

Let me throw some base concepts at you and see what you think.

We find ourselves in a finite good and evil condition with checks and balances from which we must establish a base from which we can then move on to the next step.
If we encounter an adverse situation or person we must navigate around it or put things in place in our mind so we can move on.
In this fashion we can move our enemy concept into a juxtaposition so it is manageable and then convince ourselves that all is well.
In contrast, from a eternal perspective love is an absolute that is not affected by circumstances.

Blessed sister.
This is a little hard to accept.
We cannot put our enemies to the side nor make them manageable, if I'm understanding rightly.
We must love our enemies,Jesus prayed forgiveness for those who hung him on the cross and those that lied at what he said.

It is one of the hardest things we face serving the Lord. Yes we get angry and frustrated at ppl actions and words but what WE DO is what effects us,not what others do.

The real enemy places eminity in our paths to make us stumble in carnality and sin.
I deal with it too as do we ALL but our instructions are clear. We must love our enemies, for we were also enemies of God,and yet in his glorious love he sent his only begotten son to die for us.
Are we also willing to die for our enemy,Jesus did and he said GREATER LOVE hath no man except he be willing to lay down his life.

We must have the mind of Christ!

Back