Love?

Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Gal 5:16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Trayvon Martin, there's a name unheard, just a few days ago as was George Zimmerman and yet I have been following the events that began in Florida and are now occurring world wide.

Most remarkably I see a proclaimed minister of the Gospel of Jesus, the Christ pushing hatred for white folks. Who? Jesse Jackson! In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus proclaimed, “Blessed are the peacemakers!” Instead, Jesse is making statements, as fact, that he has no method of possibly knowing that put Mr. Zimmerman in the position of being a side kick of the KKK and Jesse is seen at the same location, in the same interview clips and in the news as being along side the Black Panthers. Where is the love?

There was a notable and feared group of hate mongering racists in this nation, since just after the Civil War, the KKK. Sometime during or just after the reign of Adolf Hitler the American Neo-Nazi Party was born to further the ignorance of the American Racist. All of this took place before I was born. And then, during my life span, a new party of Racists reared their ugly and cruel agenda for the life of this nation, the Black Panthers. Their justification is their predecessors and is not found to be justified in the Words of God, leaving it to be standing on the whims and wishes of Satan, the god of this world, the enemy of the One True God, our Creator, Jesus!

You will notice that I have used Galatians 5:14 to illustrate my point and have wrapped it in some of the verses surrounding it for context. Now, the KKK was born to keep Negro or African Americans pushed down into suppression and the American Neo-Nazi Party was born to keep the Negro down and to get him and his American family on a boat to Africa. Then, in the Sixties, the Black Panthers came into their own and demanded that this nation be split, proportionately, into two nations and uproot Negro families and Caucasians alike to move them into their own nations, pushing Whitey down. Where is the love?

I have not decided that George murdered Trayvon nor have I decided that Trayvon was murdering George, as of this time, there has not been a trial as of this time and all I have heard is hatred spewed forth like the Fire Hoses held by the Cops in Alabama in the sixties! WHERE IS THE LOVE? Are there any Christians left?

This is a very unfortunate situation here but I believe that God is in full control of this and the truth will come out. We, (Christians) must continue to pray and keep both the family of "Trayvon" and Zimmerman and his family lifted in prayer. God has His children scattered all over the world. We only thing we can do is pray.

Actually, itś bad everywhere and very sad.

You know Bill........I like you have been around for awhile. I do not know how many churches I have been in my lifetime but I can assure you that racism is alive and well in our christian churches.
I once said in a church in Florida not too long ago that God does not have a color and if I was forced to say otherwise, then it would be clear like water. I also said that there would be black people, red people, yellow people as well as white people in heaven because God loves and died for ALL people not just white people!!!
Two couples said to me as they left the church..........."You will never see me in this church again because of what you said".
The pastor was standing there and looked them in the eye and said to the four senior adults........"It was nice to see you come here, and now it is nice to see you leaving here"!!

AMEN???

You know Bill........I like you have been around for awhile. I do not know how many churches I have been in my lifetime but I can assure you that racism is alive and well in our christian churches.
I once said in a church in Florida not too long ago that God does not have a color and if I was forced to say otherwise, then it would be clear like water. I also said that there would be black people, red people, yellow people as well as white people in heaven because God loves and died for ALL people not just white people!!!
Two couples said to me as they left the church..........."You will never see me in this church again because of what you said".
The pastor was standing there and looked them in the eye and said to the four senior adults........"It was nice to see you come here, and now it is nice to see you leaving here"!!

AMEN???
They have told me that we have red, black, brown and white in our congregation but I just see brothers and sisters.

AMEN???
Oh, and
AMEN!!!!

Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Gal 5:16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Trayvon Martin, there's a name unheard, just a few days ago as was George Zimmerman and yet I have been following the events that began in Florida and are now occurring world wide.

Most remarkably I see a proclaimed minister of the Gospel of Jesus, the Christ pushing hatred for white folks. Who? Jesse Jackson! In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus proclaimed, “Blessed are the peacemakers!” Instead, Jesse is making statements, as fact, that he has no method of possibly knowing that put Mr. Zimmerman in the position of being a side kick of the KKK and Jesse is seen at the same location, in the same interview clips and in the news as being along side the Black Panthers. Where is the love?

There was a notable and feared group of hate mongering racists in this nation, since just after the Civil War, the KKK. Sometime during or just after the reign of Adolf Hitler the American Neo-Nazi Party was born to further the ignorance of the American Racist. All of this took place before I was born. And then, during my life span, a new party of Racists reared their ugly and cruel agenda for the life of this nation, the Black Panthers. Their justification is their predecessors and is not found to be justified in the Words of God, leaving it to be standing on the whims and wishes of Satan, the god of this world, the enemy of the One True God, our Creator, Jesus!

You will notice that I have used Galatians 5:14 to illustrate my point and have wrapped it in some of the verses surrounding it for context. Now, the KKK was born to keep Negro or African Americans pushed down into suppression and the American Neo-Nazi Party was born to keep the Negro down and to get him and his American family on a boat to Africa. Then, in the Sixties, the Black Panthers came into their own and demanded that this nation be split, proportionately, into two nations and uproot Negro families and Caucasians alike to move them into their own nations, pushing Whitey down. Where is the love?

I have not decided that George murdered Trayvon nor have I decided that Trayvon was murdering George, as of this time, there has not been a trial as of this time and all I have heard is hatred spewed forth like the Fire Hoses held by the Cops in Alabama in the sixties! WHERE IS THE LOVE? Are there any Christians left?

When talking about "love," I believe we need to distinguish this word:

From the "moral aspect of love" ... that everybody understands about the meaning of this word.
From the "religious aspect of love" ... that religious leaders expound about the meaning of this word.
From the "spiritual aspect of love"... that JESUS CHRIST expounds about the meaning of this word.

Yes, racism is (I'm sad to say) still very much alive in the US - and in the UK, and Europe - and in Africa, and Asia. In fact it lives to various degrees in every locale on the planet, and needs to be seen as the evil that it is; but once that's done, I would suggest that we have a look at what is causing at, as I would like to argue that it is just a 'branch' of an even greater evil that lives inside each and every one of us.

In case you haven't guessed it, that evil is greed (or what the Bible calls the love of money, aka "the root of all evil" - see 1 Timothy 6:10).

Specifically, the posts above seem to be focusing on White hatred toward African Americans (and now African American hatred toward Whites). In both cases, I would say that the hatred was fueled by the love of money. Case in point, take the Civil War. I won't pretend to be an expert on it ('cause I'm not); but I do know that Southern slave-holders were primarily against releasing African American slaves because it would mean losing up to 75% of their source of income at that time. And I also know that, the moral character of some aside, the North wanted to put an end to slave labor because it was a financial opponent to their free-labor economic system. And of course I'm leaving out a host of other factors in just focusing on those two motives for the war; I don't think, however, that it's too much of a stretch for me to suggest that those were the main motives for each sides' unique position at that time.

Likewise, let's look at African American hatred toward Whites, e.g. with the Black Panther party. Why does the Black Panther party have so much hatred toward White Americans versus Native Americans, or Samoan Americans, or Vietnamese Americans. Hard feelings from slave times aside, isn't it because White Americans are, on the whole, so much more materially succesful than African Americans. Is it not that the African Americans exhibiting such hatred are jealous of the wealth of White Americans, and/or see White Americans as an impediment to them being able to live at the same socio-economic level? While of course this assumption would not be accurate in all cases, the majority of the time (e.g. with Jesse Jackson), I think it would hold true.

So, having said all that, what is my point? My point is that, while we need to recognize racism as the evil that it is, if we are to truly overcome it, we also need to take a look at its root cause. And I believe that root cause is greed; it lives within each of us, and manifests itself in a number of different ways - all ugly. If we can declare war on greed - what the Bible calls the root of all evil - then I think all the other branches, racism included, will just naturally be destroyed in the process. Amen?

Back