Loving Jesus enough to obey Him ensures salvation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think obeying what Jesus commands us to do is showing that we believe in Him.

James would say faith without works (deeds, actions) is dead. He is showing his faith by his works. He gave examples like if someone comes to you in rags do you just tell them to sit faaaaar away from you. Or do you give him some new clothes to wear? Or if someone comes to you and they are wearing fine clothes do you treat them much better than anyone else?

Stuff like that. GOd is no respector of persons. He sees into peoples hearts, remember he can even see when we try and cover ourselves up. He saw adam and eve in the garden trying to hide from Him.

I agree in that if we LOVE the Lord Jesus Christ then doing as He told us comes easy. However...…….that does not have anything to do with salvation at all in any way whatsoever.

We are saved 100%....totally and completely by what Jesus did for us on the cross. There is nothing to add to that event.

Should you want to give someone your cloths who has none...YES. But not because it effects your salvation. You do it because it is the right thing to do as a Christian who is in love with Christ.

I agree in that if we LOVE the Lord Jesus Christ then doing as He told us comes easy. However...…….that does not have anything to do with salvation at all in any way whatsoever.

We are saved 100%....totally and completely by what Jesus did for us on the cross. There is nothing to add to that event.

Should you want to give someone your cloths who has none...YES. But not because it effects your salvation. You do it because it is the right thing to do as a Christian who is in love with Christ.
Maybe its just a sign that you are saved. Because God creates us to do good works, he didnt create us to do nothing after we are saved. We are a new creature in Christ. So we do good things. Is being born again salvation or do you think it only happens after you physically die.

The 'ensuring' salvation bit I think it just means thats how we know we have faith cos jesus went around doing good he didnt just do nothing and walked around saying I am the son of God and just saying its so. He was actually doing good stuff. Does it affect your salvation, well maybe not but surely it affects other people cos it prepares their hearts to receive from God as well.

Maybe its just a sign that you are saved. Because God creates us to do good works, he didnt create us to do nothing after we are saved. We are a new creature in Christ. So we do good things. Is being born again salvation or do you think it only happens after you physically die.

The 'ensuring' salvation bit I think it just means thats how we know we have faith cos jesus went around doing good he didnt just do nothing and walked around saying I am the son of God and just saying its so. He was actually doing good stuff. Does it affect your salvation, well maybe not but surely it affects other people cos it prepares their hearts to receive from God as well.

I do not think so. The only sign I know of concerning salvation is a "Changed Life"!

When we do good deeds for other, we are allowing Him to be seen through us. We become His hands, and feet and mouth so that when others see what we do, then see Christ in us.

Ok but it has to change for the better right, from evil to good. Didnt Saul change to Paul, he was doing evil before killing people and chucking them in jail, and after he was healing people and setting them, free. Also he was obedient to the vision God gave him.

Ok but it has to change for the better right, from evil to good. Didnt Saul change to Paul, he was doing evil before killing people and chucking them in jail, and after he was healing people and setting them, free. Also he was obedient to the vision God gave him.

Again...…..those examples are of a "Changed Life"...…...not obedience.

We are not created to do good works according to the Scriptures.

1 Peter 4:10-11 ...........
"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms."

"You are saved by grace through faith and not of yourselves."

Do you ever wonder why some people argue about what God clearly says?🐶🐶!!!
I choose to be gracious and not respond to the last comment.
Ignorance may be bliss in some things,
but not when it comes to understanding spiritual Truth.

To fit in with the rest of the NT ... we're talking about RECONCILING verses!
Ephesians 2:8-9 is talking about when one initially receives the Holy Spirit.

There is quite a process involved ...

The 1st step in God's grace ...
God has to give the necessary faith for a person to be able to believe.
There are about 30 NT verses saying man is unable to believe on his own.
How is a person who is spiritually blind supposed to "see"?
How is a person who is Satan's captive supposed to set himself free?

The 2nd step in God's grace ...
God sends the precious Holy Spirit to dwell within.

And on and on.

But, believers can fall from God's grace, e.g. Galatians 5:4

There are many dire warnings in the NT about losing salvation.
E.G there are many conditional "IF" verses in the NT.

We appreciate the input and discussion from everyone who has participated in this thread. However, we will now be closing it. It is asked that everyone take a few minutes and review the rules & policies... and please keep all replies respectful toward each other at all times, in all threads.
  1. Forum Policies and Procedures
  2. Topics which May Not Be Discussed in the open forum.
Thank you for understanding & God bless you each and every one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back