luke

smellycat

Account Closed
luke

is luke a false phrophet?did God talk to luke?did luke give us a knowledge of old and new.?it seems luke describes a lot of events with no comformation.?any answers people.?

I think you are right. Luke's gospel cannot be the inspired word of God.:rolleyes:
Didn't he get actual accounts from some of the people that were closest to Jesus?

When addressing the then disciples and future Apostles Jesus said this and I believe it menat something:
Joh 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
Joh 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Unless I missunderstand you Mike you are going to need a big pair of siccors to cut out one of the four Gospels.

I believe when they cannonized the Bible all of the questions of authenticity and what not were taken into account. Luke did a pretty good job. He actually got 2 books voted in.:D:D
And I think he was a Gentile.

diffrent it is said you bring old truth with new truth.give me luke new truth?so it is nonsense like the other 7.

that is nothing to do with it,or add the lost 7 books.do things in truth.the 7 books might be hear,say too so why is luke in the bible.

I think it is because they must have found something in those other seven books that they could not verify. All of the books that were allowed in the cannon were verifiable and true.
Those other 7 books may have some very good information in them but there was something there that was unverifiable. Whether Luke was a prophet or not has no bearing if his writings were inspired. If we were to question this then why don't we question the whole Bible. The book of Matthew was written around 60 A.D. How do we know what Matthew wrote about Jesus is actually true. It was written about 30 years after Jesus' death. Try to remember accurately something that happened in your life 30 years ago.

Back