Made In God's Image?

Dear brothers and sisters;

New Zealanders were given the name kiwi by the Australians during World War 1 and it stuck.

The fruit kiwi was actually named by America because the skin of the fruit looked like the kiwi bird.

The kiwi bird known as being from home New Zealand, where the New Zealanders are trying to keep their national bird from becoming extinct.

Americans are known as fruit cocktail because this country is so diversely populated compared to other countries.

The kiwis have tiny wings, a long beak and don't fly. Their eggs are much larger than a chicken's egg. Regardless, it as created exactly the way God created these cool little birds as He did everything else.

The kiwi and fruit cocktail people were also created exactly the way God intended, in His image.
What...we were given that name by Australians???

That's news to me. lol

I thought it was just the name given by Maori to the bird because the sound it made was 'kiwi' . Then people sort of adopted that name. We don't call Australians cockatoos. But I suppose we could as they can be a bit loud and obnoxious.

And the kiwi fruit wasn't named by Americans! It was named by NZers. Before that it was known as the chinese gooseberry. It's actually from China.

I don't know where you getting your info from Bob!

That's news to me. lol
I thought it was just the name given by Maori to the bird because the sound it made was 'kiwi' . Then people sort of adopted that name. We don't call Australians cockatoos. But I suppose we could as they can be a bit loud and obnoxious.
And the kiwi fruit wasn't named by Americans! It was named by NZers. Before that it was known as the chinese gooseberry. It's actually from China.

Yes, Lanolin, some time ago I got my info from over here along with other fruits from around the world. Americans came up with the name kiwi to market a fruit because of the brownish skin that resembles a kiwi.

God bless you, sister.

Well. This NZ history site has a different story. And kiwifruit was never going to be called 'melonettes'. lol

It seems the US didn't like the name 'chinese gooseberry' ....whether because it was Chinese or they didn't have geese or too many berries I don't know. But kiwifruit definitely was a name that was dreamed up in NZ, though it was the US that forced the renaming.

Now they are saying it's zespri but we never call them that. It's like calling milk fonterra. Some brands you are just like...just give it a name not a brand.

It's not like we call all men Adams.

Hello brothers and sisters;

Since we first posted this thread, it was just brought to my attention last Friday that our church Bible study group will study Genesis 1-4 this week, and we will touch on Genesis 1:26-27, God declares His intention to create mankind in His own image, in Genesis 2:7 records how God did it.

More to come...

That's news to me. lol

LIVE and learn!!!!!!!

Since we first posted this thread, it was just brought to my attention last Friday that our church Bible study group will study Genesis 1-4 this week, and we will touch on Genesis 1:26-27, God declares His intention to create mankind in His own image, in Genesis 2:7 records how God did it.

More to come...

May I suggest that you bring up the idea that The phrase "made in the image of God" refers not to the physical, but to the immaterial part of man. In the likeness of God, man has a soul/spirit that sets us apart from animals and makes us just a little lower than God's other glorious creation, the angels.

It is our spiritual nature that enables us to commune with God and makes us like Him mentally, morally, and socially. We are not to misinterpret this to mean that we are like Him in the sense of being 'little gods' ourselves, but rather that we share some of His characteristics, although on a limited, finite scale.

Now if you do, remember that I am copywrited so I will give you permission to use that or you can send me a check to .....BR549!

Yes, Lanolin, some time ago I got my info from over here along with other fruits from around the world. Americans came up with the name kiwi to market a fruit because of the brownish skin that resembles a kiwi.

God bless you, sister.

I thought it came from the GI's who ate the Kiwi bird!

Unfortunately we can't just leave it at that. Men are still stuck with Adam's apple. God will not let man forget it!
I guess it did stick in men's throats. Is that why their voices are so deep?

If it was a kiwifruit it would have been hairy. But you not meant to eat the skins.

All boys sound kind of like girls before puberty. Even the voice of the cartoon 10 year old boy Bart Simpson is actually a woman.

I guess it did stick in men's throats. Is that why their voices are so deep?
If it was a kiwifruit it would have been hairy. But you not meant to eat the skins.

All boys sound kind of like girls before puberty. Even the voice of the cartoon 10 year old boy Bart Simpson is actually a woman.

The kiwi fruit skin only looks like the bird but we don't actually eat the skin. We peel it or eat the inside fruit or with a spoon. Either way it is delicious.

Why Bart's voice was by a woman I don't know why they decided on that. It doesn't matter to me and it's only a cartoon. But when I was a young boy my voice sounded like a boy. Others could tell the difference while playing baseball, marbles and other kid stuff.

The kiwi fruit skin only looks like the bird but we don't actually eat the skin. We peel it or eat the inside fruit or with a spoon. Either way it is delicious.

Why Bart's voice was by a woman I don't know why they decided on that. It doesn't matter to me and it's only a cartoon. But when I was a young boy my voice sounded like a boy. Others could tell the difference while playing baseball, marbles and other kid stuff.
Nancy Cartwright actually did the voices for all the boys in the Simpsons cartoon....not just Bart. Why they didn't get a guy to do boys voices I don't know....

I'd like to ask the question in the section of three Scriptures. When we read Genesis 1:26-27, God created man in His own image. But later in Genesis 2:7 and Genesis 2:21-23, God formed the man from the ground and the breath of life and then took the rib from the man and made woman.

Genesis 1:26-27, 26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. - ESV

But later in Genesis 2:7, 7 then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature. - ESV

Then in Genesis 2:21-23, 21 So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. 22 And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. 23 Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.” - ESV

Where in God's order of creation and Scripture in Genesis did He actually make man and woman?

God bless you all and am looking forward to sharing this topic with everyone.
the interpretation about this that i am familiar is that the first part refers to the Father and the Second to the Son, because the first create by the Word, and the second, the Word (Son) is creating.

Back