Made In God's Image?

the interpretation about this that i am familiar is that the first part refers to the Father and the Second to the Son, because the first create by the Word, and the second, the Word (Son) is creating.

Hello Glory be to God;

God bless you and thank you for joining. Can I ask, when you mentioned the first part, were you referring to Genesis 1:26-27? In this passage God includes us and our, meaning the Trinity.

When you mentioned the second part, were you referring to Genesis 2:7 when man was formed from the ground?

Or, are you referring to
the first and second part in Genesis 1:26-27?

I'm only asking clarification so I understand your post.

Thank you,
Glory be to God.

Hello Glory be to God;

God bless you and thank you for joining. Can I ask, when you mentioned the first part, were you referring to Genesis 1:26-27? In this passage God includes us and our, meaning the Trinity.

When you mentioned the second part, were you referring to Genesis 2:7 when man was formed from the ground?

Or, are you referring to
the first and second part in Genesis 1:26-27?

I'm only asking clarification so I understand your post.

Thank you,
Glory be to God.
in the first part i am referring to when God creates the world in Genesis 1, and in the second part i am referring to Genesis 2:7 yeah

in the first part i am referring to when God creates the world in Genesis 1, and in the second part i am referring to Genesis 2:7 yeah
Speaking of the Creator, Paul told us in Colossians 1:16-17 that........
"For by Him (Christ) all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist."

Speaking of the Creator, Paul told us in Colossians 1:16-17 that........
"For by Him (Christ) all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist."

Uh, oh. This kind of discussion can sometimes encourage some into thinking they have a measure of grasp for the absolute nature of God. That's dangerous. The Trinitarian Doctrinal statements I've seen make valiant efforts to try and describe that Nature, and always to utter failure, remembering that when Moses addressed that Totality, he was inspired to write simply, "In the beginning, GOD..."

Nuff said.

MM

Uh, oh. This kind of discussion can sometimes encourage some into thinking they have a measure of grasp for the absolute nature of God. That's dangerous. The Trinitarian Doctrinal statements I've seen make valiant efforts to try and describe that Nature, and always to utter failure, remembering that when Moses addressed that Totality, he was inspired to write simply, "In the beginning, GOD..."

Nuff said.

MM

Is it possible that Paul had more theological insight than Moses???

Is it possible that Paul had more theological insight than Moses???

Well, maybe it can be said that neither of them, no matter what doctrinal level they may have been at, were adequate in understanding the totality of God's nature and interrelationships. Mere language, if it were capable of grasping His nature in totality, would have to be superior to God. We both know that ain't gonna happen, neither in word nor within our finite brains.

MM

It's a cartoon tv show.
Marge was the mother of the family and wife of Homer Simpson.
She wore a giant blue beehive. Her sisters Patty and Selma had purple afros.
Homer had only three hairs.

I can certainly go on about what it's like to draw cartoons as I was originally going to be a cartoonist when I grew up. You are in control of your creation...it is kinda like you are God in a way...you can draw and create anything you want and people your universe and characters how you want and get them to say what you want, create plots for them..and have them make decisions according to how you created the character.

In the Simpsons world, everyone stayed the same age for a number years. Bart is always 10, Lisa is always 9. Maggie is a baby and never (or hardly ever) talks. Homer works in a nuclear power plant. Marge is a stay-at-home wife. It's a mirror of Matt Groening (the creator)'s own family. Springfield is like any town in America (though I suspect it's somewhere near Portland, Oregon) and the people in the town recognisable characters.

Funnily enough in The Simpsons, they all went to church. Not many american tv shows show families attending church but this family did. They didn't compare to their neighbours the Flanders who were like model Christians lol.

Last edited:
Not all went to church I'm meaning The Simpsons did.
Other characters were Jewish (Krusty the Clown) or Hindu (Apu)
Apparently the church they attended was Lutherobaptist. Reverend Lovejoy was the minister and he had a wife that liked to gossip. lol

Some of the writers on the show were Christian and the early shows actually did have christian themes (forgiveness, faith vs doubt, selling your soul etc)

The worst thing that happened on the show and the reason it went downhill, or one of the 'jump the shark' moments was when Ned Flanders wife Maud died (killed in an accident, might have been Homer's fault due to his carelessness).

The worst thing that happened on the show and the reason it went downhill, or one of the 'jump the shark' moments was when Ned Flanders wife Maud died (killed in an accident, might have been Homer's fault due to his carelessness).

So, in all that, was there any redeeming qualities in that show at all? It sounds dysfunctional.

MM

So, in all that, was there any redeeming qualities in that show at all? It sounds dysfunctional.

MM
it was brilliantly funny
One show was about Maggie's near baptism. She actually wanted to join the Flanders because her own family was dysfunctional but in the end they sorted it out.
Marge is a believer but Homer is sort of agnostic. He tries though.

The thanksgiving episode where Bart and Lisa get into a fight but then make up at the end was touching, as was her birthday episode.

Homer's job (soul destroying in a way) he only does for Maggie. He has a horrible evil boss. In the end you see he's doing it for her. He tries to be a good father and often fails but his family always forgive him, even when he acts foolish.

I totally recommend you watch the first couple of seasons if you ever want to understand how dysfunctional american families can be. It is typical working class life so if you a snob about that maybe it's not a show for you.

There were other copycat shows, like Family Guy but I never got into them.
Think of it like the Jetsons or the Flintstones....but set in 90s american suburbia.

When it came out, a lot of people HATED the Simpsons because it didn't show a 'perfect' family. But actually a lot of people LOVED it because it reflected how most families are..and even made fun of the way people watched (or were glued) to the tv.

Fans of the show called them OFF (our favourite family). At the time it first aired, I was 10, and identified with Lisa Simpson. She was the smart one of the family but her gifts seem unappreciated. Bart was a brat (!) and always getting into trouble..but he wasn't 'Dennis the menace'

It had a good heart, well the early episodes did.

the episode of Mauds death I don't know...I think the writers bungled that one IMHO. The reason they did that was the voice of Maud had quit the show and they needed to write her out.

It's a cartoon tv show.
Funnily enough in The Simpsons, they all went to church. Not many american tv shows show families attending church but this family did. They didn't compare to their neighbours the Flanders who were like model Christians lol.

it was brilliantly funny
One show was about Maggie's near baptism. She actually wanted to join the Flanders because her own family was dysfunctional but in the end they sorted it out. Marge is a believer but Homer is sort of agnostic. He tries though.
Think of it like the Jetsons or the Flintstones....but set in 90s american suburbia.

MM

I remember when the Simpsons first aired in 1989 and its the longest running animated series. It reminded me of the Flintstones. I was a child when it aired as a weekly animated series in the 1960s but it was nowhere as funny as the Simpsons. lol!

Thing is, as MM suggested it sounds dysfunctional and the shows intention was that of a dysfunctional family, and almost every kind of situation in a family setting was represented in the Simpsons.

Through the years I haven't watched every show but I have to admit I didn't know they went to church which could have been a witness for Christ with it's millions of viewers each week.

I also didn't know Maud got baptised and before leaving the show. Perhaps she went on to do animated evangelism. lol!

Oh no Maude was Ned Flanders wife she was already a Christian. She was very devout, kind and caring but apparently she went to a bible camp to learn how to be more judgmental!

It was Maggie, the youngest baby of the the Simpsons that wanted to be baptised! When Ned Flanders finds out she isn't yet, he tries to 'save' her.

Last edited:
Just getting back to topic - made in God's image...

I'm going to start reading a book about Lisa H, it's a bout a girl that had Neurofribromatosis and how people were so cruel to her because of the way she looked. (Its when your skin had fibroids like big blisters and your face looks like its squashed..kind of like 'Elephant man')

I don't know if christians would be as judgemental for the way girls look if they aren't 'pretty'. especially when it's a medical condition they can't help. But I do know a girl that has NF and there still are some in church that might judge her on the way she looks.

There's a similar story (fictional) that was made into a movie called Wonder. About a boy that had a facial deformity or one eye and he goes to public school for the first time. The usual bullies come out of the woodwork and call him names.

Back