Make a Choice

Monday, July 17, 2017

Make a Choice
"And Elijah came to all the people, and said, "How long will you falter between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him." But the people answered him not a word."
—1 Kings 18:21

When I chose to follow Christ, I decided it was all or nothing. I wasn’t raised in the church; I pretty much did what I wanted for the first 17 years of my life. I was a very worldly person and had no Christian worldview or moral upbringing.

As a result, when I heard the message of the gospel and saw who Jesus Christ was, I wanted to go for it. I didn’t want to try to live in both worlds. I’d had enough of the world and knew how empty it was. I knew the promises it made never would be fulfilled. I lost interest in it. I fully committed to following Christ.

That was the day my eternal destiny literally changed. It was the day I passed from darkness to light and found new purpose and meaning. But something else happened that day. A battle began. It’s been said that conversion has made our hearts a battlefield. This is a battle that goes back a long way. It’s essentially a battle between good and evil, right and wrong, righteousness and unrighteousness. It’s a battle between God and Satan.

Like it or not, you are in this battle, and you must choose which side you want to be on. As Elijah said to the people on Mount Carmel, “How long will you falter between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him” (1 Kings 18:21).

I see so many Christians who try to live in two worlds. They want enough Christianity to get them to Heaven, but they still want to live like hell, for all practical purposes. It’s the most miserable existence of all.

If you’re going to be a Christian, be a sold-out one. Be a committed one. Decide today how you’re going to live.

Copyright © 2017 by Harvest Ministries. All rights reserved.

The battlefield of the mind is definitely one of satan's favourite places to attack humans and especially those who are professed Christians. There are so many intricate and subtle ways that he wages this war within us, that we cannot fully trust ourselves to know on our own whether our thinking or attitudes are attuned with God. All we have to fight this powerful, intelligent and formidable foe is God. On our own we are weak and helpless against a supernatural being this powerful. It is always a fatal tactical error in any war to underestimate the ability and might of the enemy, and I see this happen so often. It is arrogant and foolish to think we can take on Lucifer on our own and win. Pride in our own spiritual power to discern right from wrong, is a recipe for disaster, yet how many Christian profess that they are advanced enough to instinctively know right from wrong. Our only defense is to pray to God to intercede for us and to put satan behind us. And this is a battle that never ends. Each waking moment the father of lies looks for ways to infiltrate our weak human minds to find a way in, so it is up to us to be vigilant and ever prayerful to keep him from finding a foothold within us. It only takes a moment of distraction and he is in. We are SO fortunate that God is willing to protect and defend us just by calling on Him to push this evil being away from us. Without God's power and intervention, there would be absolutely no hope for humanity. Praise be to our Creator who watches over us, His children, and protects us like the good and faithful Father that He is.

Our only defense is to pray to God to intercede for us and to put satan behind us.
What scripture do you use here?

We are SO fortunate that God is willing to protect and defend us just by calling on Him to push this evil being away from us
What Scripture do you use here?

It is arrogant and foolish to think we can take on Lucifer on our own and win. Pride in our own spiritual power to discern right from wrong, is a recipe for disaster, yet how many Christian profess that they are advanced enough to instinctively know right from wrong.

On our own as our own intellect then yes.
However that is not How Scripture teaches us to fight this fight of faith.

Advanced enough as in their own intellect and strength then yes.
However Scripture teaches us that we need to be built up in His Most Holy Word or advanced enough to recognize when a thought is coming from God or our enemy.

So what scriptures are you using in this?
As Always, it's a joyful pleasure talking with you !!
Blessings
FCJ

Back